Hard to wait for the six month cta

How does everyone here cope with the waiting and the not knowing? I go next month for my six month CTA. What makes it difficult is I had one aSAH already. One clipped, And watching a very small one. Suggestions? Im usually very upbeat and optimistic

I find that through this journey...the aneurysm has won at times...but I will not let the aneurysm's that live in my brain...control my world and fears...I love life everyday...and accept them as a part of me...and I work hard to do the right things in my life and hold on to faith that all will work out...

Like Jim said...being monitored is the big tool...~ Wishing you great results...~ Colleen

Hi Roy,

No one knows exactly what will happen for sure, but from what I have read the odds are very much in our favor in terms of not having a new ruptured aneurysm in the future. I've read something like a 15% lifetime risk of additional problems such as a new aneurysm. Also since doctors are now watching your situation closely, they should be able to repair any new aneurysm before it ruptures. While doing this is not a trivial procedure, it is far less dangerous than dealing with a ruptured brain aneurysm (SAH). So yes, there will always be a risk. But how big is that risk compared to other things? Look at the risk of other things. Lifetime heart attack risk is certainly several times as large as the 15%. My mother had a serious SAH at age 39. She lived another 27 years after that, ultimately dying of something totally unrelated (colon cancer).

I too was very worried about my one-year followup angiogram (with additional coiling if needed). I slept hardly at all the night before the surgery. But in my case, everything looked fine, and not additional coiling was required. My surgeon wants me to see him next in another year, for an MRA.

So yes it is natural to be worried, but in truth once you have passed the worst of the hazards associated with the SAH (the first few weeks and months after rupture), the odds are very much in your favor for the future. I find when I am worried that I want to take action. But there is very little I can do in the case of a previous brain aneurysm. So I try instead to concentrate on making lifestyle changes - eating a good diet, managing stress better, etc. That I can have a big effect on my overall health, possibly more than making up for the risk I face of having another SAH.

Live Life and Be Happy. Sometimes you just Gotta Let it Go. Don't waste precious time being worried, fearful, angry etc.

I know it's not easy. Surround yourself with what makes you happy, your daily duties. Be thankful you're still here. Before you know your 6 month check-up will be here. Take it as it comes!

Wish nothing But the best!

Hi Roy! One thing I've learned thru this Journey is that Patience & putting your Trust in your medical team is just so very important. So much easier said than done; yet spending time "Worrying" about the "unknown" only takes away the "PEACE" we are Blessed with each & every day -- what we do with it is our choice. And believe me; I've been Robbed of a lot of Peace since this journey of mine started 3 years back with from an undiagnosed AVM that ruptured; yet I'm now Grateful to tell you that I've found the way to not allow for this Beast to disrupt my Peace any longer with realizing that I just can't control the "unknowns" Life throws at us and now focus on ALL that Life is & I enjoy each day that my feet hit the ground :))! Please do try to stay the Upbeat & Optimistic YOU that YOU know you are! Wish you all the Best thru your recovery my friend!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I appreciate it