Going back to work after a rupture

Its been 2 months since my ruptured aneurysm was coiled. My nuersurgeon said only I know if I 'm ready to go back to work. Then he added rest and taking it easy was the best way to heal. I'm afraid of losing my job, so i want to go back. How do i know if this is my normal? My job requires quick thinking, research and mediations. It is stressful. Please share with me how you made the decision to go back to work. Im a single 50 year old mother and grandmother.

When mine ruptured I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. Then I was home for 3 months recovering. I also had to have surgery to get the blood from my optic nerves where I could see. I went back to work part time at first. I went back to work full time just before my 1 year anniversary date(rupture was in February 2012) in January 2013. Have been working full time ever since. My absence was covered under FMLA so my job was held for me. If you haven’t checked into FMLA leave I encourage you to do so. Good healing thoughts headed your way~ Myra

Thanks for sharing Myra. Im on FMLA and my 12 weeks expires the 14th. They won’t consider part time. My next appt with surgeon is 11/3.

Trisha, have you put yourself in public scenarios that is similar in noise and chaos to your job? It might help you scale your ability. Also you might want to connect with the ADA and see if there’s any help that way…

Good luck and keep us posted!

What is ADA? I noticed when I’m in public I’m a bit paranoid, I feel as if I’m being watched.

It’s the American Disabilities Act, can’t guarentee it will help getting back to,work at a reasonable pace but couldn’t hurt to call them up. Here’s their link http://www.ada.gov

Thank you!