Flying after surgery

Yes I know can burst at any time.

I have flown with 4 unruptured aneurysms with no problem. Although now I’ve had a craniotomy, coils that failed, and pipelines on left and right of the brain. I have flown with no problems at all. I never asked the Dr if it was ok, I just did. Alot of people were asking me, are you allowed to fly. I was like sure why not…lol

2 Likes

My biggest problem is the flashing lines in my eyes! They never stop!!! Anyone else have this?

I had to get air ambulanced while I was having my aneurysm and 2 weeks later I flew home. Then a year later I flew again. I was having the same concerns but was told by my dr that it was safe to fly. I’m sure it’s fine but if your having concerns maybe talk to your dr. about it. Sometimes just getting confirmation from a dr that it’s safe can ease your mind

Why not a PED

What is PED?

Pipeline Embolism Device. It’s for Wide Neck aneurysms that can’t be clipped. I haven’t been on this site? So it’s a bit hard for me to navigate. You will find much info from follow PED friends on this site. I was one of the first at Johns Hopkins in 2012

1 Like

Hi I flew a 4 1/2 flight with an unruptured aneurysm. Was pretty scared before I got on the flight but everything was fine. The journey home however I felt after I got off like I had knocked the back of my head. It was tender for 2 days but then returned to normal.

Thank you!