Fluoxetine reactions

I am so glad you posted - we never knew that it caused headaches, which my wife goes through a lot

1 Like

Thank you for the response! Its great to hear a positive review! Iā€™m so glad you have had great luck with treatment. Hopefully I can have the same results!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t sure if there were any instances of it from people with aneurysm. I just googled it to see what side effects and issues people may have had, as well as positive results. Google can be very informative!

I really hope that with this new medicine and some well deserved rest you will begin your new normal. Let me know how it goes. Remember everything you do is new and different to what you are used to. Soon everything will start to make sense. Itā€™s your own personal journey. Take care. Hoping for the best. :blush:
Sincerely
Lydia

1 Like

Iā€™ve consistently taken antidepressants long before I learned that I had an aneurysm. My aneurysm has not ruptured so your experience could be very different than mine, but I never got headaches from Prozac. I was, however, on a low dose (20mg is considered low).

I was told that I was prescribed Prozacā€“as opposed to something else-- because I had ā€œagitated depressionā€ and Prozac addresses that part of depression better than some other antidepressants. Prozac can take weeks before it kicks in, were as anti-anxiety meds (benzos) work within the hour. Prozac needs to be taken continually to work, where benzos are ā€œas needed.ā€

Before my aneurysm was found, I was given Klonopin for anxiety (a benzo, same class as Valium), Benzos were a disaster for me because I became addicted to them and I had a terrible withdrawal. Iā€™ve wondered if my terrible Klonopin withdrawal contributed to the development of an aneurysm, but i have never seen any information that indicates as much.

Let us know what you figure out! With you in spirit!

Hi Kgrip,

Iā€™m not a doctor or have any medical training. In my experience after the surgery, I was paranoid about every symptom, I guess is normal after you go through a traumatic experience. is being my experiences that no antidepressive medication have the same results something that works for you may not work for someone else. antidepressive medication takes time to see the results a few weeks, in my case Prozac did nothing o help with my anxiety, but that does it not mean that is not going to work for you. I take Xanax and meditation. hope you fell better

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I am only on 10mg a day, so Iā€™m hoping that I donā€™t have side effects too much. I havenā€™t noticed anything so far and it has been over a week that Iā€™ve been taking it. I did voice to my doctor that I did not want to take anything that could be addictive, and that I had some bad reactions to valium after a car accident once. I was getting up and doing things around the house, in my sleep. Walking stairs, I even woke up with my car keys in my hand one night. It was scary, so I did not want anything like that again. Hereā€™s hoping it works well with no side effects!

1 Like

Hi there
Hope you are doing better. :wave:
Iā€™ve been very busy but wanted to check on you. Take care really hope youā€™ve had some improvement.
Lydia

1 Like

Hello!
Thank you for thinking of me! I have had improvements in my anxiety and somewhat in my headaches, however I am now having nausea/motion sickness issues. I was to the doctor today to get a neuro exam just to make sure everything else was ok. Over all though, I still canā€™t complain too much. I have been so blessed through this whole ordeal. Hope you are doing well!
Katy

Hi
Really happy to hear youā€™ve had some relief. Sounds like you are on your way to better days. The dizziness is a struggle for many of us. I still suffer from vertigo. Comes and goes sometimes caused by colds or general changes in my health and sometimes there is no reason. Same with tinnitus. Sometimes it seems very loud and sometimes itā€™s softer. Hope you can get to a point where you think of all this your new normal and it just doesnā€™t bother you too much. Anyway really glad youā€™ve gotten some relief. Please take care. Stay calm and carry on. Sending a hug :hugs: your way.

1 Like