Falling Asleep

Does anyone else fall asleep if not fully engaged in activity?

Not me. I have issues falling asleep. Does this happen to you often?

You know, it was a huge problem in the beginning. For whatever reason, my doctor would tell me to take my pain medicine just to get some sleep. But I didn’t have any pain and I felt funny about doing that.

I believe some of that difficulty falling asleep is just an unspoken anxiety, maybe some fear. My insomnia disappeared after about six weeks and then all I could do was fall asleep.

Blessings to you! We are still alive! Moving on with life!

Had surgery 5 weeks ago on Dec 7, 2020…
Falling asleep has been difficult the past few weeks but I’m finally getting back on a normal sleep schedule. I think anxiety has alot to do with my abnormal sleep behaviors.

Welcome ywarhour, to our large support group! We are glad you joined. Should you have any questions or need support, just start a new topic, or ask one of the Moderators by sending a message to them.

All the best,
Moltroub

1 Like

Sleep is something I feel as though I no longer have much control over the when or how long especially at first. It was like I was missing a step in the process when I wanted to go to bed for the night, so a lot of insomnia. At the same time though, if relaxed and the lights go out as in movie theatre, concert, or even a theatre play once…I am fully engaged in the story or movie yet next thing I know I am nodding off. All of these have improved with time but very much still an issue, enough so that I don’t drive in the dark haha.

3 Likes