"Do No Harm" a new book

05/19/15 NY Times posted the review of Michiko Kakutani of Do No Harm authored by Dr. Henry Marsh of Britain...

I was so impressed, I called in my order yesterday...the book arrival (right word?) not until next week...the 26th(?) for shipment...I am so looking forward to it...

The review begins: "as a young doctor, Henry Marsh watched a neurosurgeon operate on a woman's brain, going after a dangerous aneurysm that could rupture and kill her. This kind of surgery - taking place several inches inside the patient's head - "

"..the climax as he caught the aneurysm, trapped it, and obliterated it with a glittering, spring-loaded titanium clip, saving the patient's life"...

"Dr. Marsh would become one of Britani's foremost neurosurgeons...in this book 'Do No Harm'...he gives us an extraordinarily intimate, compassionate and sometimes frightening understanding of his vocation... he writes w/uncommon power and frankness...while his book may unsettle readers...it will at the same time leave them w/a searing appreciation of the wonders of the human body and gratitude that there are surgeons like Dr. Marsh using their hard-won expertise to save and repair lives."...

To the end: DO NO HARM, Stories of Life, Death, and Brain Surgery, by Henry Marsh...277 pages; Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press $25.99

There is so much more just on this review in my NYT...and a version...appears in print 05/19/15 on page C1 of NYT w/headline" From a Surgeon, Exhilarations and Regrets"

I have this book must read it soon only came a couple of days ago xxx

Wow thanks Pat! I may need to check this one out.

My two copies arrived...ordered one for a friend who, a couple of years past, gifted to me "Unaccoutnable"...by Dr. Marty Makary who is at JH... I yet have to get her copy off to her...

Thank you for reminding me...I doubt I even thought to note Unaccountable...prior...

Moltroub said:

Wow thanks Pat! I may need to check this one out.

Jessica...thanks for noting it...I have to start mine, too...I am such a slow reader...once I start, I will mentally set side any/everything else around me...

Jessica thomas said:

I have this book must read it soon only came a couple of days ago xxx