Diagnosed with 2 Aneurysms

Hello, I’m 29 years old. Several days ago I went to the ER after having headaches and dizziness for 5 days straight. They did a CT Angiogram at the hospital and told me that It is “suspected” and “suggested” that I have 2 less than 2mm aneurysms one in the left anterior communication artery and one on right superior hypophyseal ICA. However they called it an incidental finding and told me that my headaches are not caused because of that and told me that with 98% probability that my aneurysms are not bleeding. It’s been 4 days since then and my head is still exploding if anything it’s getting worse. I’m not sure how they find two aneurysms and tell me that my headaches are not from them. They gave me some migraine stuff which is helping a little bit but not making the headache go away. So my question is can an aneurysm bleed for over a week without killing you? Wouldn’t I be dead by now? I don’t know if I should go back to the ER or just wait it out. What were some of your symptoms when yours ruptured and how big was your Aneurysm when it happened? Appreciate any stories you can share.

Hi when my aneurysm ruptured it was like someone had hit me with a bat and I heard like a hissing noise like when u turn on the gas before u light it , My neck and that hurt and I didn’t go to the doctors for three days after and only did as the pain did not ease even with pain killers , it just got worse , I’m glad I did as I did Have a brain hemerge , it was 8mm in size , if u feel that things don’t feel right then I would go back and get checked out , take care

I can see why you are concerned. An aneurysm can bleed a little for a while, but I don’t know how much or how long. My wife’s ruptured, and she was instantly out. Hers was 6 mm on the right posterior communicating artery. We didn’t know if she’d live or what her life could be again, but she recovered very well through coiling–her main issues are a slow left leg and shaky balance. She doesn’t remember it; with a combination of the rupture and medication, her memory lost over a month. She was 63 at the time. I hope you can get the answers and help you need.

Thanks for sharing. What test did they use to discover the SAH?

I had to have lumpur punture, not sure if that’s spelt right but hopefully u know what I mean ? And I had that as my scan never shown anything , they did say that does happen but only in very rare cases , I just happen to b that rare one lol ,

That is were they put somethink in the bottom of spine and it drains if got bleed it will show as blood would come throu and not clear ,

Wow you’re so lucky! You remember what kind of scan? They gave me a CT Angiogram (where they inject you with iodine to see the contrast of your blood vessels) and told me that it’s 98% accurate in seeing bleeding so they don’t recommend on doing the spinal tap but offered it anyway and I didn’t end up doing it. Now I’m wondering if I should go back to the ER to do the spinal tap to be 100% sure.

Think it was just a normally scan I didn’t have the dye, don’t make ureself panic cause of what happen to me like I said it’s very rare , but if u want to go to make urself not worry then go , as it’s ure body and if u don’t think it’s ure normal self then ure the only person that can feel that , I’m sure u are ok but u might aswell , just so u can stop worrying :slight_smile:

Did they clip yours or coil it? How was the procedure and the recovery? I’m terrified I’m just going to die suddenly, that’s all I can think about.

I had coils done , my recovery was very slow , but I can’t complain as I still get about and I can say I’m 70% me again , I did have a rupture thou , so for u they have seen them so if and when need doing they will , so ure recovery would b abit different , better I would of thought too, as they shall fix before it’s broken, I cant really tell u much about what they did as I was unaware as went in September with headache, then woke up a month later in a driffernt hospital and they had already did their stuff, Which I think was good for me lol

One that went off was 8mm, I still have two , 2mm, 3mm, , try not to stress and worry , doctors are aware now so they should look after u ,

Wow that’s crazy. What did they tell you about the other two? They’re pretty close to the same size as mine.

They are just watching them , I go for scans every two years as they have not grown since they found them and that has been 3 years since my brain hemerge , and I went last week and still no change so I must b doing something right with my life lol ,haven’t got to go now till 2020

Hi B! I had vertebral rupture 6 years ago. I was planting flowers in my yard one minute and the next thing I know I’m in a hospital bed with a tube sticking out of my head. It’s been a tough road. One that I don’t wish on you. Two years ago my sister got scanned. They found a small aneurysm like yours, but I don’t know the exact location. Doesn’t matter. She had to go through an ordeal getting it taken care of, insurance and stuff. But finally last August she got a stint. (Cleveland Clinic) Her recovery was quick. I am so relieved that she won’t be subjected to the hell I have. So you keep hounding the Health Care Gods until you get what you need! I’m pulling for you!

I had 2 aneurysms with severe headaches. CT scan showed my brain had been pushed forward dramatically and I needed surgery. Thankfully my surgeon was well experienced (59 years- he was 80 years old) and all went well. He still smiles when he sees me as I was EXTREMELY lucky. Getting the proper care when needed is key. Not happy with the answers from your current doctor. Find another! They work for you, not the other way around. Get a second opinion! If they say wait then be patient. My doctor told me that my condition started probably 6 weeks prior. I now have 2 extra holes in my head. No big deal, except the haircut wasn’t great!