Daughter, 26, BA unruptured. Can you help with tough decisions?

Hi Rachel, Im sorry to hear about your daughters diagnose. I also had a unruptured aneurysm and was also given the option of wait and watch approach or coiling was an option. To me, they both weighed the same. I went for a second opinion just for comfort. I learned from the second doctor that I could have this angiogram that would show the characteristics of the aneurysm which would give a better sight as how to treat it. Just knowing that, was a positive direction in helping me deflate some anxiety. I decided to do the angiogram and immediately after the procedure the doctor gave me my options. He recommended a procedure called webbing. Its a titanium weaved basket thats deployed into the aneurysm. It’s a fairly new procedure that can replace coiling. Anyways, the angiogram was a easy for me but left me with head aches. Being on the other side of the decision to have the angiogram, I have no regrets and glad I did it. It’s a year an 4mo since surgery and have had one angiogram follow up and one more to go. I forgot to mention that I’m 59 yrs of age, much older than your daughter. I hope you can take the time to research the webbing procedure. I think you will find it very helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to me. Prayers for you, Shari

4 Likes