Congrats Dr. Patel, my lifesaver

The Brain Aneurysm Foundation

November 24 at 8:52pm

Congratulations to BAF Medical Advisory Board Members, Dr. Carlos David of the Lahey Clinic and Dr. Aman Patel of Massachusetts General Hospital for making Boston Magazine's List of Top Docs in 2015!

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/top-doctors/

Starbirder, I decided to contact Dr. Patel for a second opinion. I doubt he will tell me anything different than Dr. Oglivy, but I think a consultation with him will help me get over my anxiety and move forward with the coiling. Hmmmm maybe I need the alpha stim device Ed mentioned on the anxiety discussion.

Boy that anxiety is the worst....I was scared about my recent 6-month Angiogram, but Dr. Patel found good occlusion with my large wide-neck Aneurysm, where he placed two PED's. Now I still have 2 other small ones to deal with, but I can wait a bit on those.

Good luck Campanile, we are soooo lucky getting treatment from TOP Dr's at TOP HOSPITAL in NE.

Campanile...you may want to search on-line: Unruptured brain aneurysms often don't cause problems - NY Daily News ... you may have already done this...

it is an interview by Katie Charles 05/17/11 in NY Daily News...featuring Dr. Patel...

If I saw him, my aphasias could lapse into stuttering....he is also a Board Member (some such) on the Joe Niekro Foundation...which also has a support group in Boston... and, you likely know all this...

Campanile said:

Starbirder, I decided to contact Dr. Patel for a second opinion. I doubt he will tell me anything different than Dr. Oglivy, but I think a consultation with him will help me get over my anxiety and move forward with the coiling. Hmmmm maybe I need the alpha stim device Ed mentioned on the anxiety discussion.