Coffee!

I think it's just an issue if it raises your blood pressure. I was pretty much caffeine free before, but more cautious now because my blood pressure is borderline high.

It would be nice if there was a definitive answer. My neurosurgeon’s assistant said it was fine if I drank a cup of coffee everyday. In regard to straining, consuming chia gel daily can prevent it.

I have a one-inch aneurysm that was filled with clots; therefore it was not coiled. Two stents were placed and the aneurysm has begun to shrink. I was told to avoid caffeine. As I am a tea drinker (never coffee), I cannot find information about this restriction. Any ideas?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/224384.php

does this help?

I think as long as we are ‘leveling’ our BP, then we should be Ok. Any ‘rush’ BP up activities or things we eat should be avoided? What can we do? We have annies to take care of first. :slight_smile:

Hi Tansy,
I’m a coffee person,’‘I’m a Annie Survivor 13 yrs now’ as my Dr. advice “everything will return to normal as long you know how to control your self in foods,routinary task and excercises”. Taking in moderation. I think thats what we have to do.And be happy must of the time. stress makes our BP high too. My coffee must have milk for the purpose of bone rehab.
I must say being alive for a decade is a Miracle for an Annie patient like me" have to be with my kids"
God Speed,

I had 2 coilings in September 2014.in January 2017 I had a MRA the aneurysm on the left had started leaking and grew to be a 7.5mm aneurism March 2017 they put a stent to block the aneurysm. In September an angiogram showed the aneurysm was gone. The dr said we didn’t have to worry about it ever. The one on the right is stable and the coils are holding. They will recheck in a couple of years. I am having eye problems, colors are not real clear and I see flashes of light. My scalp itches all the. Time. I noticed it every time. They did any work on my brain. This time it isn’t going away. Does anyone else. Have this kind of problem? I just need some relief from this horrible itching.

Hi guys I’m new here, please correct me if I post anything out of line. my wife suffered a double rupture from the same spot. 11 days apart. And when I saw this I knew I had to reply. I wife had been working extremely late hours on her lap top. For the last two years really. Constantly drinking coffee to stay alert of awake during late night conference calls to London India millasia and Singapore. She would sometimes get two or three outs sleep only to wake up drinking coffee. Lots of coffee. And just before the rupture she started drinking monster. I don’t know if this played a part or if the sleep or stress involved with work. But I’m certain all three weren’t a good thing for her. I would constantly tell her to go to bed. Eat something. Enough coffee. Even at the expense of a argument I would demand she go to sleep. But she always insisted it was just one more email.

And here he are about to get released when the head neurologist comes to get her to do her finally walk down the hall so he can sigh her release when she asks when can she get back to work. Smh. Because she doesn’t realize just how fortunate she is to have gone through what she has.

is the eye problem from the stent or the coiling?