Cerebral Angiogram scheduled for Friday March 7th

I have a cerebral angiogram scheduled for Friday March 7th. I was just wondering what other people experienced and how were they the days after.

I didn't have any prioblems with my angio. I found the lying on my back for 4 hours after a bit uncomfortable but no other issues. I had my operation the following day so I can't say how I was in days after as it was more to do with the post endovascular stenting than the angiogram.

No problem with the Angiogram. As stated below the hardest part is the laying still for the period following the procedure.

I was back in work 2 days after mine. Annoying lying flat for 6hrs and I had a very mild headache which quickly settled with paracetamol :-)

I do not do well after the angiograms...the actual procedure is not that bad...but after a day or so ...my groin is very sore (elevating your leg and putting ice on helps)..., I get headaches bad and nausea...from the contrast...I have had a total of 5 and I trade off groins...so that one side gets a break until the next...I am not trying to be a downer...the actual anticipation is worse then the procedure...but for me ...and some others...we do have pain and don't feel good for several days and no one tells you this...and then you find out that some people don't feel good afterwards...I wish you the best...and sending out good thoughts and vibes your way ... ~ Colleen

I like others don’t have any problems with the angiogram itself. I even do pretty good laying flat. As long as someone can manage to feed me something and give me a drink I’m pretty easy to get along with. After the last 3 angiograms when it was time to get ready to go home and after being up and walking I nearly have passed out. Delayed reaction I guess.

I may have to have one of these as my further investigation into these horrible things. I was wondering if they use a pre-med to relax you. Can anyone who has had this please let me know. Good luck Jess let us know how you got on :) Kind regards Andrea

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I greatly appreciate it all. I will definitely update everyone once I know for information.

Often they will give a Xanax or Valium...each facility is different so definitely ask Andrea...and then they do a local anesthetic in your groin...so you feel nothing...oh once in awhile you feel a sensation that makes you feel like you are peeing, but you are not...~ Definitely ask about a relaxer before procedure...~ Colleen

I had the angiogram yesterday. It went ok found only 1 medium size one. Have an appt. On Thursday March 13 to discuss treatment options.

Keep us posted on Thursday appointment Jess...Glad your angiogram went well...Thoughts out to you ~ Colleen