BA's ,Craniotomy "Staples versus Sutures"?

My first, 2 BA’s craintomy had sutures
Second, BA’s craintomy wondering which easier?

Which is easier? now that depends. For you or the surgeon?
For me I’d say sutures. I could hide sutures easier. Removal was easy
For the surgeon I’d say staples. Line the wound up and click, click, click… and no needlework required. I found the staples damn painful when being removed and that’s even with the little removal tool.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

1 Like

Thanks! for letting me know that makes sense.

I think the staples reduce scarring (no, doesn’t make sense to me either …) but depending on where the incision is, that may be irrelevant.

Seenie

1 Like

Teresa, I had staples. Very scary to look at and a bit painful to remove. I didn’t have an option staples or sutures. I was given Tylenol half an hour before removing the staples.

Take care

I think will let surgeon decide.Thank you so much!Nice to hear from you.

Thank you for telling me how it affected you.I feel much better.So kind for you to reach out to me.:blush:

I am happy to share my experience with you and everybody else. We need each other while we adjust to our new lives. :rainbow::rainbow:

2 Likes

I actually had glue and it was great. Never had to go back for any removal or anything. Definitely less painful. If glue is an option for you, ask for glue!

Thank you so much.Its so nice of you to share what worked for you.Makes me feel more at ease.

1 Like

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a good outcome and speedy recovery!!

So nice of you to say.Its been so helpful to have others who understand.Thank you!