Antiseizure medication problems- generic Keppra

I had a ruptured brain aneurysm/SAH in August and VP shunt in September. Apparently, I had a seizure the day of the aneurysm as I was being transported to the hospital. I’ve been on generic Keppra (500mg x2) since, and just recently realized it was the cause of the stomach problems I’ve had for the last 5 months. I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow to discuss getting off or switching the prescription. I really don’t like him as a neurologist because he does not explain anything to me. I’m hoping someone can describe what the criteria are for getting off it? I have heard it involves EEG results. I had an EEG that apparently did not look good on the right-hand side. My aneurysm was on the left, and the shunt is on the right. The neurologist said the EEG results were likely due to the shunt but wanted me to do a 48 hour EEG. At the time I didn’t see the purpose. Now that I’m trying to get off the antiseizure medication, I wonder if I need to do it? Also, if I need to switch to another antiseizure medication, are there any that are recommended or not recommended? At this point, I find it really hard to take it because I know how much pain it puts me in. I appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

It is important that you discuss this with your Doctor...(Neurologist, etc.,)...if you are not happy with what your Doctor is telling you and/or not telling you...please seek a 2nd opinion...keep us posted...~ Colleen