Aneurysm clipping

HAS ANYBODY HAD OPHTHALMIC ARTERIES CLIPPED, AND HOW LONG AGO ?. IS THIS A LONG TERM SOLUTION,?? HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?, TELL ME ABOUT THE SURGERY AND RECOVERY PERIOD PLEASE

I am not familiar with the arteries you are referring to. Everyone will have an opinion and everyone's situation seems to be a little different but I will offer you this: Clipping has been around longer than coiling and in some people's opinion it is a more permanent solution than coiling. Coiling is relatively new and the jury is still out on the long term. As far as I know a well placed clip lasts forever and can be considered permanent.

A clipping procedure is a very big surgery IMO that needs to be considered carefully. I suppose some clippings are easier than others but a doctor I am not. Everyone seems to be different but a fabulous recovery on a great candidate would be at least 6 weeks I bet. I'm a coiling guy so really can't offer much more than what I have said. There are numerous "clippers" around here and perhaps they could offer much more than me.

Good Luck on whatever you choose to do

TANKS FOR YOUT OPPINIOM

Ricard,

Do the ophthalmic ateries relate to your central frontal dura fistula you talked about earlier?

Pat

i do not know yet, will go see a neuroophtalmologist sooon

Glad you are seeing one...so far all your words / terms are so different. My former s-i-l had an ophthalmic artery aneurysm coiled; I do not know (remember?) if she had an internal carotid artery aneurysm at the ophthalmic origin area...vs w/in the ophthalmic artery...

Please keep us informed...

i have a fromtal fistula and annies bliteral aphtalmic artteries, they told me embolizing it it may be dengerous for my vision please find out for me and where was it done, for your friend my main concern is not to loose my vison. i thas taken a long time for all this exams ito take place have to keep on top of the doctors offfices if not they will seee me in the summmer. i am in connecticut, perhaps will go for second oppinion in one of the best places for neurosurgery in the usa. hopefully my insurance back me up if not will tray to deal with the hospital. craniotomy about $100000 to 1$50000 my insurance will only pay 75% out of state.

i have connectucere nota a good one

Ricardo,

Sorry it got away from some of this...

If possible for you, check out MGH in Boston...my s-i-l was w/Lahey ..she had coiling...I do not know off-hand (memory) if she began w/MGH...

Presume you have family/friends to accompany you out of state / area?

I do not know any of these places personally...the head neurosurgeon/interventionalist, Dr. Ogilvy, is w/Harvard and he was also instrumental in setting up the BAF...

Best wishes to you and kep us posted...