"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

“Change moves in spirals, not circles. For example, the sun goes up and then it goes down. But every time that happens, what do you get? You get a new day. You get a new one. When you breathe, you inhale and you exhale, but every single time that you do that you’re a little bit different than the one before. We’re always changing. And it’s important to know that there are some changes you can’t control and that there are others you can.” - Dan Dunne (Half Nelson)

Even though my physical recovery has begun to taper off with regard to the magnitude of my improvement, I have a better understanding now of how to feel comfortable with the entire recovery process, including the mental/emotional aspects which are harder to track.

Today, I tried to take a Tai Chi class, but it was closed for Easter. I had gotten an email reminder to make sure I wouldn’t miss the class (since it was a complimentary first lesson), but I’m guessing it was a computer generated email which had been sent automatically. Either way, I didn’t let it interfere with what had the potential to be a great day.

I’ve also recorded a podcast episode which was exclusively about my experience having a ruptured brain aneurysm and the subsequent recovery. It was well received by my friends and family, and people I hadn’t heard from in a long time contacted me to send their regards.

It’s not necessarily going to get easier moving forward, but I’m more comfortable with my recovery than I had been. Thank you to everyone who have reached out on this forum to offer words of encouragement. It truly means a lot to me.

1 Like

Stephen,
You wrote this beautifully! It’s a great reminder that we all have choices to make each and every moment, no matter our circumstances. Like life, we have periods of growing quickly, tapering, and then another spurt of growth. Keep positive!

The strength in your words helps me today.To fight that feeling of negative thoughts that go through my brain.Thank you for sharing your words that will get me up and start this day I have been given.Even if some parts are hard. If you can do this, so can I.Really means so much! For you smile to adversity.:blush:

1 Like

You can absolutely do this! Some days are going to be easier than others, and that’s okay. Thank you for the kind words, too. It has been a rollercoaster ride lately, and your message came at a great time. So, thank you, and hang in there!

1 Like