Advice Needed

Just had two annies treated at Johns Hopkins by pipeline and coiling. Feeling good except for headaches I recommend them as they treat a lot of these. Mine were very large and one caused me serious vision problems.

Highly recommend second opinion

Diana,
Dr. Sekhar just performed my clipping on May 6th. I met with 4 different surgeons and liked him the best. I felt he was the most knowledgable, had the most experience, and treated me like a person and not just another aneurysm patient. I went into surgery feeling like I was in good hands. With that said, I would get a second and third opinion. I went into each appointment like it was an interview. i had a list of questins that i asked. i judged them on how they rsponded to my questions and to me.At the time of my operation I was 37. While I could have pushed for the pipeline, all doctors agreed the clipping was a better option due to my age. Th pipeline (coiling with stent) has been around roughly 15 years. Because of that, they do not have the long term stats like they do with th clipping. Th docs said if I was over 65 they would not have hesitated to the pipeline.
The possible risks and complications of the clipping were initially overwhelming to me. I really weighed the pros and cons. I am very happy to say that my surgery went very well. I did not suffer any of the possible complications. Was th surgery difficult- hell yes. I am just over 4 weeks post op. I still have fatigue, but everyone that has seen me is amazed at how well I am doing. Some people commented that if they did not already know I had surgery, they would never guess it.
As a mom of 3 young kids, I have had family come and stay with me and help me out. I have been able to rest and let myself recover.
I know that this is a very scary time. Not just for Kasey, but you as well. I wish you all the best.
Terri

I had the pipeline on March 28th at John Hopkins, the doctor was Dr. Coon. I thank God for Dr Coon everyday. What an amazing man and surgeon. Lucy

Me. too. He's great. Had two annies coiled and stented a month ago and I feel great