Zap!

this was too long to make as a status....I'm still getting to know how this site works, so here goes my story....

Well, on the 4th of July I think I scratched one of my "fears" off my list of what could happen..... A tree fell on a neighbors shed (at our vacation home in PA) during a storm, and after the fact we went down to look at the damage (if any). I wanted to take a picture with my cell phone and I backed into an electrical fence (for a huge vegetable garden that they have) I heard a loud pop & felt a jolt! I thought I got hit by lightening! Ironically enough I put a hat on before I left the house (which I never do) so I'm wondering if that didnt keep me from getting hurt somehow. I didn't feel so well and it did scare me, but I'm here. (so far so good) I guess? It's odd because the two people who were with me, my husband and 17 year old daughter thought nothing of it. I texted my family to let them know what happened & they were worried. My 21 year old son texted me the next day just to make sure I was ok. Sometimes people just don't get it, they've been through the entire process but still have no clue that this will NEVER BE OVER. It's always going to be a part of our lives. I never dwell on what's in my head, despite the headaches until something like THIS happens. {:o\ My surgeon didn't seem concerned. I think he would have had me come in if he thought any damage had been done! I told him I suppose now I can start fighting again? (with kickboxing and karate). I'd love to compete like I used to ..... he's always resisting me on that one! maybe someday...

Wow...sounds like something happened...and I can understand your concern...and what are u suppose to do Ducie if your Doctor doesn't seem concern...if anything odd continues ... go see your Doctor...

Gotcha in my Thoughts ... ~ Colleen

Thanks for the responses Colleen & Nikki, having had an aneurysm just bigger than 10mm (unruptured) coiled 4 years ago, and a 3mm aneurysm (if it is still that size) which is untreated a zap to the head is definitely something worth being concerned about in the moment! what a shocker! hah (no pun intended).

Maybe it's just me but if that happened to ANYONE, I'd have gone up to them to make sure they were ok! Just the things we deal with having extenuating circumstances, makes for a smidge more sensitivity to the lack of concern!

But I am ok - someone told me I should have had my heart checked because if anything would be affected it would be the heart rhythm. I'm due for my yearly physical. I'll see what happens then with the EKG but I'm sure it's all fine! I don't spend my time worrying unless I have reason to. I hope you two are doing well.....

~Ducie

It is always good to be proactive Ducie...glad you will be having a physical soon and checking things out with your Doctor...keep us posted...