Woofie's aneurysm story

I had three pipeline stents inserted across a 22mm (no, that is not a typo) last week.
It was discovered incidentally when I had a cat scan for something else. It was what caused me to go blind in one eye which had been previously attributed to a blood clot.
On leaving the hospital I developed a severe headache which continued till now. On top of that, my eyesight got markedly worse. It is caused by the remains of the aneurysm getting inflamed and pressing down harder on optic nerves. I have now been prescribed steroids so hopefully I will be able to see more than a small piece of the screen soon. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow, Woofie, that is some aneurysm story! Incredible, isn’t it, that the annie can be so large, and only be discovered incidentally.

Let’s hope that your inflammation and swelling go down! Keep in touch for sure.

All the best to you! We’re glad that you found us, and we hope that you will be too.

Seenie from Moderator Support

Thanks :slight_smile: I will write more when improves, cuz there are some funny bits.

Woofie,

Wonder why does your aneurysm ‘go inflamed’?

(I hope that I didn’t misunderstand what you wrote.)

I thought the aneurysm will be ‘emptied out’ when pipeline is blocking/diverting blood flow to it.

No they don’t drain them with pipeline device. Instead they are cut off and they clot and shrivel eventually. However, my aneurysm is very big and was already pressing on optic nerves. The procedure has caused the inflammation and hopefully will die down.