What to do if we can't do operation or coiling for 6 Aneurysms

Hi,

I am Shinu John my mother has a SAH around 23 days back. Angiogram says she got one bleed and another 5 more to bleed.The first bleed started with a head ache and vomitting.Her BP was 220/110 by that time. Initially Dr's recommended for operation but because of her health condition they opted for coiling.But Drs are waiting to make a final decision on coiling because of her critical condition. She recovered a lot but unfortunately she got some urinary infection after the 15th day of first bleed. Then she shifted to ICU and now the infection is under control. But BP is not coming down. Its between 150/50 to 237/90 range.What will be the cause for this?. Dr recommended for a second scan and results are yet to come. They are also suspecting a cardiac failure.I am attaching her report with this.Can any one please advise what needs to be done.

With Prayers,

Shinu

458-shinu.jpg (286 KB) 459-shinu001.jpg (306 KB) 460-shinu002.jpg (190 KB)

I wouldn’t post that report. Too much personal info on that. And I’m sorry but I don’t have any other answers for you about her condition. I do have 5 myself and the first one did bleed. But I never had BP problems. Hopefully someone can answer that for you.

where are you located? what is the hesitation on the drs part in addressing her anuerysms…this is crazy…couldnt it be possible that her bp is high because her blood is leaking out…are the drs nuerologists? the annys need to be treated yesterday…make them do something now! i pray for a quick resolution and your mother gets her health restored…god bless

Thanks for you reply. I am from India and she is in one of the best hospital in this country (CMC Vellore). She got lot of medical history BP, cholesterol, arthritis, hypertension, thyroid and aged 60 yrs. More than that she is very week. Thats the reason there is a hesitation from neurologist part. Now BP gone high because of lung pulmonary edema caused from the urinary infection. Now this looks like under control.

Talked to Doctors and since she has 5 aneurysms doctors feels its risky to go ahead with the coiling. Since she is very week and because of her health condition Dr’s feel she can’t tolerate minimum 2 operations’ one in right and after left. I was reading through the option of wait and watch
http://www.bafound.org/treatment-options-4

is this is feasible for this patient. Please advise
God Bless.
Shinu

Thanks for you reply. What was the treatment option you went for?

I am from India and she is in one of the best hospital in this country (CMC Vellore). She got lot of medical history BP, cholesterol, arthritis, hypertension, thyroid and aged 60 yrs. More than that she is very week. Thats the reason there is a hesitation from neurologist part. Now BP gone high because of lung pulmonary edema caused from the urinary infection. Now this looks like under control.

Talked to Doctors and since she has 5 aneurysms doctors feels its risky to go ahead with the coiling. Since she is very week and because of her health condition Dr’s feel she can’t tolerate minimum 2 operations’ one in right and after left. I was reading through the option of wait and watch
http://www.bafound.org/treatment-options-4

is this is feasible for this patient. Please advise
God Bless.
Shinu

I had high blood pressure with my bleed. I also had cholesterol problems. I did only have one aneurysm though and they operated within one day of the bleed using coiling. I’m not a doctor by any stretch and I don’t have the first clue about what factors would rule out a coiling procedure on a ruptured aneurysm or would make someone an unsuccessful candidate for surgery in general. Have you been able to get a second opinion for another hospital? Some will accept emails of the report. I think the Mayo Clinic might be one of those but I’m not positive.

This is our second medical college. It looks like Medical Science can’t do anything much , only god can do wonders. I do believe that.

Did any of her doctors explain to you why it is too risky?

Yes,She got lot of medical history BP, cholesterol, arthritis, hypertension, thyroid and aged 60 yrs. Thats the reason after a surgery they are doubtful on recovery. Again on coiling since she got 5 more aneurysms there is a chance of breaking when they start doing the first one.