Very well said Robin

8 Likes

Thank you for this, this is exactly my life! I couldn’t have expressed it so well.

1 Like

Robin,
Thank you so much! I am crying a bit now because it so clearly describes me. This post and learning about “flooding” have really helped me accept the new normal. I grieve loosing some of old normal, but this really helps.
Shelley

3 Likes

Robin, you said everything spot on. That is exactly how I feel.

Below is my Facebook post from February 8. Reading Robin’s words led me to share with you, thinking maybe some of you feel the same way. Hugs.

I thought that I may let today pass without a post as it’s been four years today since my brain aneurysm surgery and I’ve been thinking this week, it’s been years, let it go. But an hour and a half into today it’s still big. As I forge my way forward each day, I’m better. I’m stronger. I’m happier.
I have steadfast old friends.
I’ve cut loose those that disappointed me.
I have steadfast new friends.
My dear husband has supported me and stood by me through very difficult years, for better and for worse. He’s my rock.
My family, there are no words for their limitless love and understanding.
Today I need to acknowledge this anniversary, as I miss my former self, but glimpses of her are returning and I appreciate those times.
It’s odd to have to think of every action when nothing comes instinctively anymore. I feel badly when I forget to reach out more than I do. But the truth is that I’m truly living in my very small world and each day is made up of hundreds of small steps, all requiring thought. All of the sudden the day is done and I haven’t done everything I set out to do, like reach out to so many people that love and support me, and that I love, because I’m just getting through the steps of the day.
I want to say thank you and that I love each and every one of you that have helped me and continue to understand.
Maybe next year there won’t be a post because I’ll be in a place that I’m my old self and this day won’t weigh heavily on me. In the meantime, know that I appreciate each and every one of you and I thank you. And to those of you here on FB, that I enjoy so much that aren’t part of my daily life, I thank you too.
Here’s to no post next year.

2 Likes

Thank for this summary… I am one of the fortunate…mine did not rupture and the doctor was able to repair. I have an aneurysm of the right side of my brain, but it’s being monitored. I feel very blessed and I am a survivor.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’m a year post op. This totally resonates with me. X

Yeah old normal, I so miss my brain

All those old jokes about where is my brain today suddenly takes on a whole new meaning.