Very Confused....don't know what to do

Hi! Havn't been here for awhile but now really need some advice. About two years ago I was diagnosed with 3 aneurysms and and AVM in my brain. I had a craniotomy in June, 2012 to remove the AVM and had the largest basilar tip aneurysm coiled and stented in October of that year. Now my doctors want to clip the left superior cerebellar artery aneurysm which measures 4.5mm. They say coiling is not an option for this one. Another craniotomy scares me because I had a very rough recovery from the first one and was left with problems with my balance. They say it should be done sooner rather than later. After talking it over with my children, they wanted me to get another opinion so last week I went and got one and they basically say the same except they don't see any rush to do it. They think it could be watched for awhile yet. The thought of a rupture scares me too. I always said I would rather have them fixed than live with the fact that theres a ticking time bomb in my head but now I just don't know what to do.

Hi Cheryl ...

It is good to see a post from you...although I am sorry it is based on the fact you need to make another decision...If you have a "faith" I would start using it, to help with your decision ... along with reading here at BAF and getting the support...You are the one that really needs to weigh the "pros and cons"...

That being said...saying a prayer right now...to help you in your decision~ Colleen

Cheryl....prayers for your right decision...your only potential would be a third opinion...and, which direction they sway...now or later...

For you yourself...Did the doctor who did your original surgery(ies)who recommended it be done now...explain in detail the size (growth) difference in the time frame (interval?)... If in anyway that type of info would add to your decision time frame and your comfort level...

And, how did the second doctor define "could be watched for awhile"...for a comparable time frame on the decision...?...

Prayers surround you for your highest comfort level in your decision ..

Pat

Thanks Colleen! Hopefully I will make the right decision.

Yes Jim I know it will not shrink and I sure am not getting any younger. They say I could live the rest of my life without a rupture but in reality they don't really know. I'm leaning toward getting it done but my kids are so concerned because of the other rough recovery.

Hi Pat. My children did suggest I get a third opinion and I think I'm going to do that before I make a decision. The doctor who did the original surgery is no longer associated with my hospital and I now have a new one. It has grown a little in the two years but not too much. The second doctor did not give me a time frame. He just said it was an option to watch it and see how much growth occurs.