Vertigo

Hey Joanne,
I’m freaking out i’m going to Dr, Setton next thur he will be my 3rd I might be jumping the gun but can u tell me the name of your Dr…he might have to be my 4th eyes…
Roseanne

Wow! What wonderful news! My annie showed up in an MRI/MRA and CTA (cat scan with dye) so there was no question. Good luck with the 3rd Dr.

roseanne petrozzino said:

Hey Joanne,
I’m freaking out i’m going to Dr, Setton next thur he will be my 3rd I might be jumping the gun but can u tell me the name of your Dr…he might have to be my 4th eyes…
Roseanne

Are you taking any other medicines? i am convinced that the medicine I was taking for migraines caused my vertigo and not the aneurysm’s. I had eye problems and pain. I went to the Drs… and was given medicine for migraines. A week later my MRA showed 2 aneurysms. I got sicker and sicker. Of course I assumed it was the aneurysms that was making me so sick. I had them coiled and was just as sick. I stopped the migraine medicine and am feeling much better. In addition to the migraine medicine I was given medicine to control the symptoms of the migraine medicine. Unless your sure you have migraines don’t take that stuff.

Lynne Krevor said:

Hi there,

I had vertigo in March which led the dr’s to send me for an MRI/MRA where they found my aneurysm. The dr. said that my vertigo was not caused by my aneurysm, it was a seperate issue. My vertigo is alot better now and very rarely do I have any symptoms. I had an angiogram a few weeks ago and my anuerysm is going to be clipped on June 8th. I was not a candidate for coiling due to the wide neck and shape of my anuerysm.

The doctor I’m using for my coiling is Dr. Howard Riina at Columbia Prespertian in NY. Good luck It sounds very positive that your Cat scan didn’t show an aneurysm.

Joanne

Hey Joanne,
Roseanne

Hi Maria

My name is Joanne. I had several bouts of very mild vertigo so I was suprised when my regular doctor recommned an MRI. They found my aneurysm and said it had nothing to do with the vertigo. Now I’m scheduled to have it coiled in a month. I know it needs to be done but I’m very worried about the procedure especially since I feel perfectly fine. When did you have yours coiled? Did you have any problems afterward that you attibute to the coiling? Thanks for your help.

Joanne

Maria H said:

Are you taking any other medicines? i am convinced that the medicine I was taking for migraines caused my vertigo and not the aneurysm’s. I had eye problems and pain. I went to the Drs… and was given medicine for migraines. A week later my MRA showed 2 aneurysms. I got sicker and sicker. Of course I assumed it was the aneurysms that was making me so sick. I had them coiled and was just as sick. I stopped the migraine medicine and am feeling much better. In addition to the migraine medicine I was given medicine to control the symptoms of the migraine medicine. Unless your sure you have migraines don’t take that stuff.

Lynne Krevor said:
Hi there,

I had vertigo in March which led the dr’s to send me for an MRI/MRA where they found my aneurysm. The dr. said that my vertigo was not caused by my aneurysm, it was a seperate issue. My vertigo is alot better now and very rarely do I have any symptoms. I had an angiogram a few weeks ago and my anuerysm is going to be clipped on June 8th. I was not a candidate for coiling due to the wide neck and shape of my anuerysm.

Hi Joanne,
I went to see Dr. Setton last week after my cta and he said I only have one annie and to just watch it after a year go back and have a mra to see if it grew…but today when i went back to my nuro he flipped out and said i should have the angio and have it treated witch dr Setton & Dr Whoo said coiling is the only treatment…Now I’m stumped…I’m going to make an apt with your Dr…
How r you doing??
Roseanne

Joanne Cirincione said:

Hi Roseanne

I live in Queens. I saw Dr. Avi Setton at North Shore. I liked him and would feel confident with him and my neurologist raved about him. I’m having it done by Dr. Rina at Columbia Weil Cornell however. I like that hospital better. Dr. Riina told me he would recommend only two people to do my coiling. Himself (of course) or Dr. Setton. I had my CAT scan done before I saw any of the interventional radiologists. Good luck to you! Let me know how things go.

Hello Joanne,
I’m on long island i first went to Dr. Woo @ Stony Brook univ. Then I went to North Shore UNIV to the ANEURYSM CENTER… I’m having my cat scan there this thur…I likes Dr Woo but not crazy for Stony Brook…so I think i’m going with North Shore. How about you??

Hi Roseanne

Maybe I’m confused but I thought you said that after you had the CTA they told you what they were looking at were loops in the artery not aneurysms? But anyway, my understanding is that they generally just observe them if they are smaller than 7 mm. When they did my MRA they thought it was smaller (4-5mm) my neurologist was the first to know this and he told me at that size they generally observe them. After the CTA (which I think is more exact they said it was 7-8mm). I’m doing okay I guess but as my date comes closer it’s getting more difficult. I’m kinda angry that I have to deal with all this. I’m scheduled to have the coiling done on July 6th. They really won’t know 100 percent what they are dealing with until I have the angiography which is the day of the procedure so that’s making me more nervous too. keep in touch and good luck

Yea Your right that is what Dr. Setton said watch it…and a year a new Mra…but, my nuro said why wait till it grows now I’m just confused…lol I’m going to make an apt with your Dr today…I sure understand how u feel not only is this going on I still have vertigo and I’m so dam tired I sleep till 1 in the afternoon the nuro also said he see’s my left eye not following the right so i have to go to a nuro eye Dr…and i have white matter on my MRI so i might have Lyme or ms…unreal The Lyme i understand cause I’ve gotten bit by about 10 ticks…but my test always comes out neg…?? I hope u get to your treatment comes and goes without a problem and you can enjoy the rest of the summer…
ro

Joanne Cirincione said:

Hi Roseanne

Maybe I’m confused but I thought you said that after you had the CTA they told you what they were looking at were loops in the artery not aneurysms? But anyway, my understanding is that they generally just observe them if they are smaller than 7 mm. When they did my MRA they thought it was smaller (4-5mm) my neurologist was the first to know this and he told me at that size they generally observe them. After the CTA (which I think is more exact they said it was 7-8mm). I’m doing okay I guess but as my date comes closer it’s getting more difficult. I’m kinda angry that I have to deal with all this. I’m scheduled to have the coiling done on July 6th. They really won’t know 100 percent what they are dealing with until I have the angiography which is the day of the procedure so that’s making me more nervous too. keep in touch and good luck

Hi Roseanne
Good luck. Let me know what happens

Joanne