Unruptured Aneurysm and Pregnancy

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I survived a ruptured anyeurysm while pregnant full term. They did a C-section followed by a craniotomy with clipping. I have no disabilities and my son is now 4 years old and in good health. I also have a healthy 6 month old son conceived after a blessing from my neurologist. Both were born by c-section to avoid the extra pressure on my clipping. My neurologist even gave me the okay to try a VBAC on my second born, but I felt more comfortable with the C-section. I highly recommend Shands in Gainesville or Dr. Mocco at Vanderbilt in Nashville Tennessee. Lots of prayer and try to be as stress free as possible will help along with a fantastic neurosurgeon. Praying for you and your baby.

Hi everyone,

I feel a little ridiculous that I chose CWMama for my username and then saw that everyone for the most part uses their first name. My name is Christina and the CW is my son's initials.

Just getting back from a really positive OB appointment. The doctor was very supportive, and kept telling me how smart it is that I'm being proactive and forthcoming with all the medical stuff going on right now. He said that he is confident that I can have a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. He also reminded me that he's not a neurosurgeon. I told him that I have an appointment in two weeks with the neurosurgeon. And after that, I can make a plan that is best for me and the baby.

So, thank you all again for the warm wishes and stories. It really has been so incredibly comforting. The past two months have been a nightmare, and I've felt really alone. My family has been supportive but I don't think anyone really understands what such an incidental finding can do. I know my aneurysm is small and at a low risk for rupture, it has still caused a lot of sleepless nights.

Christina, Your OB sounds fantastic! I really quite enjoy CWMama and what an honor to your little boy. However, if you want to change the name you can. I’ll send you a pm.

well....sleep well tonight. Sounds like you are in good hands..

CWMama said:

Hi everyone,

I feel a little ridiculous that I chose CWMama for my username and then saw that everyone for the most part uses their first name. My name is Christina and the CW is my son's initials.

Just getting back from a really positive OB appointment. The doctor was very supportive, and kept telling me how smart it is that I'm being proactive and forthcoming with all the medical stuff going on right now. He said that he is confident that I can have a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. He also reminded me that he's not a neurosurgeon. I told him that I have an appointment in two weeks with the neurosurgeon. And after that, I can make a plan that is best for me and the baby.

So, thank you all again for the warm wishes and stories. It really has been so incredibly comforting. The past two months have been a nightmare, and I've felt really alone. My family has been supportive but I don't think anyone really understands what such an incidental finding can do. I know my aneurysm is small and at a low risk for rupture, it has still caused a lot of sleepless nights.

Keeping the username.. just throwing my name out there too.
Moltroub said:

Christina, Your OB sounds fantastic! I really quite enjoy CWMama and what an honor to your little boy. However, if you want to change the name you can. I'll send you a pm.

Hi!

First and foremost, congratulations on expecting! What a blessing life can be!

Secondly, I had a ruptured aneurysm clipped back in 2005. I had my first child in 2010 via c-section. I wasn't allowed to go into natural labor due to shifting of my plate. I would definitely reach out to your ob-gyn and your neurologist together and come up with a plan. You will be fine, as will the baby. Just follow medical orders exactly!

Enjoy your pregnancy :) Enjoy your beautiful 4 year old, they are so much fun!

Life doesn't have to be perfect, to be wonderful.