Unruptured aneurym

Hi Nicole, I just joined this site yesterday. Last May I had a very small aneurysm about 3 millimeters - I didn't know I had it until it hemorrhaged one day. I'll skip my whole story and just get to the part that may help you - I wound up finding an amazing doctor at NYU who does both clipping and coiling. What's great about that is that he can perform an angiogram and then, based on what he sees, give you advice on what to do, and which type of procedure would be best for your particular situation. I also have kids, so I understand exactly what you are going through at this moment. I really advise for you to research and find the very best neuro for clipping and coiling in your area (my first neurosurgeon at one of the "best" hospitals in CT completely botched my surgery, making things much worse. so then it all had to be undone and redone at NYU). If you happen to live anywhere near NYC, I can even give you names. Best wishes.

Any update?

Terri

One thing to consider in weighing your options to watch or treat the aneurysm is this. Do you have multiple aneurysms?Have you had one rupture? Age? All of these will help you and the doctor make a decision. In my case, I had multiples, with one ruptured. My remaining aneurysm is very small ,and if necessary I will have to have a crainitomy to clip it. Right now risk of having surgery is greater that the possibility of the anuerysm rupturing. I trust my doctor, we both fill that watching is more prudent right now than the surgery. Does this thought weigh on My mind? Absolutely. Learn all you can, develope a good support group, and pray. But, I dont let this interfere with my daily life. I work, enjoy activities with my family and friends. Active in church. I still have a small problem with speech and get "the headache" occasionally. But, like many here, on bad days I wait it out.on gooddays, I really enjoy. Good luck and prayers going out for you

Just got my CT results, my aneurysm result was negative, I have a non cancerous enlarged artery, I feel like god gave me a medical miracle.

Advice to everyone, get a second opinion, also, my mom had an anyerism rupture so I will still be using this site for support.

Hooray :slight_smile:

Fantastic, Nicole! So happy for you. You are right, second opinions are so important. Wishing you the best! =)

Jennifer, I hope you see this post. Can you share with me the name of your doctor at NYU? Thanks!

Jennifer said:

Hi Nicole, I just joined this site yesterday. Last May I had a very small aneurysm about 3 millimeters - I didn't know I had it until it hemorrhaged one day. I'll skip my whole story and just get to the part that may help you - I wound up finding an amazing doctor at NYU who does both clipping and coiling. What's great about that is that he can perform an angiogram and then, based on what he sees, give you advice on what to do, and which type of procedure would be best for your particular situation. I also have kids, so I understand exactly what you are going through at this moment. I really advise for you to research and find the very best neuro for clipping and coiling in your area (my first neurosurgeon at one of the "best" hospitals in CT completely botched my surgery, making things much worse. so then it all had to be undone and redone at NYU). If you happen to live anywhere near NYC, I can even give you names. Best wishes.