Trying to get back to work but being given a hard time

MY ANEURYSM BURST ON JULY 27 2009. A BLOOD CLOT GOT IN THERE AND STOPED ME FROM DIEING…I WOKE UP ON THE FLOOR AND CALLED IN SICK TO WORK TOOK A SHOWER CALLED DR MADE APPT FOR LATER IN DAY THEN TOOK A NAP, 4 HRS LATER MY WIFE TELLS ME GO TO DR I GET IN MY CAR DRIVE 5 MILES TO DR, THEY DONT HAVE A CAT SCAN TELL ME TO GO TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL DRIVE 15 MORE MILES TO LARGER HOSPITAL …I DO NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING AFTER THE NAP. I WAS ON AUTO PILOT NEXT THING I KNOW I WAKE UP IN A HOSPITAL. WALK OUT TO THE NURSE STATION THEY RUN AWAY FROM ME AND CALL SECURITY. I JUST WANTED TO CALL MY WIFE AND TELL HER I WAS HERE . SECURITY PUTS ME BACK IN MY ROOM…THINGS ARE REAL FUZZY…THEN MY MOM AND DAD WALK IN THEY LIVE IN TENN I LIVE IN MINNESOTA MY DAD WONT FLY, IT TAKES 3 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET HERE… I SAID HOW DID YOU GET HERE SO SOON THEY TELL ME WE BEEN HERE A MOUNTH…U HAVE BEEN IN A COMA 3 YES 3 ANEUYSMS, THE ONE BURST HAD BLOOD ON MY BRAIN, ,AND THE OTHERS WHERE CLIPPED …AND 24 HRS LATER I WAS SENT HOME,. MY PARENTS HAD TO LEAVE TO GET HOME…SO MY WIFE AND ME AND MY 2 YR OLD SON… HAVE TO WORK THIS OUT NOW…WITHEN 36 HRS OF GOING HOME I WAS BACK IN HOSPITAL…I WAS HURTING MY MUSCLES HURT SO MUCH FROM JUST LAYING THERE FOR A MOUNTH. I THINK I WAS HAVING WITHDRAWS FROM THE PROPOLO WHAT EVER KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON IS WHAT THEY WHERE GIVING ME FOR 28 DAYS TO KEEP ME IN A COMA…IN OCT I GO BACK TO WORK WOKE UP WENT BACK TO WORK BY OCT,PASSED OUT A WORK AMBULANCE CALLED ,DR SAYS MY MEDS FOR BLOOD PRESSURE WAS OFF… SENDS ME HOME I GO BACK TO WORK FOR A FEW DAYS ,PART TIME. OH I WORK FOR THE POST OFFICE…IN JANUARY I HAD TO GET MY ANGIOGRAMONE OF MY COILS WAS IMPACTED THE ONE THAT BURST A HAD TO GET A STINTPUT IN WAS OUT FOR A WEEK SO NOW ITS LATE FEB.I GO BACK TO WORK AND THE DEPRESSION STARTS 1 YR COMING UP START SEEING A VA PHYCHIATRIST.I WAS OVER MEDICATED FOR MY DEPPRESSION , AND MY MIND WAS FREEZING UP. LEFT FOR A FEW MO MABEE 3… WENT TO A 5 WEEK EMOTIONS MANAGEMENT CLASS. GET BACK DEC 1 THIS YEAR FULL TIME ,THE WHOLE ROUTE … I WAS FORCED TO CARRY ALMOST 60 HRS A WEEK FOR THE WHOLE MO… I STRUGELED BUT DID IT , TOLD THEM I CANT DO ANY EXTRA JUST MY ROUTE AND THEY JUST SAY SORRY,ALL OF THE MANAGERS AND THE SUPERVISORS HAVE YELLED AT ME , PUT ME DOWN, I HAVE HAD THEM THE AREA MANAGER TALK TO MY DR WITH MY UNION PRESIDENT ON A 3 WAY … AND HE SAYS YOU NEED A NOTE TO CARRY NO OVERTIME,. I TOLD MY UNION STEWART WAS TOLD TO GO TO OFFICE WHERE I HAD A ANGZIETY ATTACK, I SAW EXPECTED TO GO OUT AND DRIVE A POSTAL VEHICLE AND DO MY ROUTE AFTER GETTING ALL WORKED UP , SAID I AM GOING HOME ,… WENT TO DR GOT NOTE CALLED MY SHRINK, AND GOT NOTE TO RETURN FOR MAX 40HR WEEK THATS A FULL TIME JOB… THEY WONT LET ME COMEBACK TILL THEY GET TO SEE MY MEDICAL RECORDS. AND TALK TO MY DR,I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN THEY JUST WANT MORE REFUSE A ADRESS I HAVE A DISABILITY…MY STATION MANAGER HAS BEEN ON LIGHT DUTY OVER 20 YRS,MY BRAIN ANURYISM WAS 17 MO AGO … AND I HAVE TRIED TO COME BACK ALL THE WAY, I CANT DEAL WITH IT NO MORE THEY HAVE SET ME BACK SO MUCH,I HAVE COME SO FAR AND THEY JUST TELL ME GO FASTER,GET OFF THE CLOCK, I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH ALL MY MNGMT,THEY TREAT ME LIKE I HAD A BROKE LEG, EVEN YELLED AT ME FOR NOT GOING OUT IN THE DARK WITH ICE AND SNOW , AND ITS FORCED EXTRA I PUT IN 10 HRS AND THATS NOT ENOUGH. AND NOW THEY WANT TO LOOK INTO MY PERSONAL MEDICAL RECORDS, AND AGAIN I CAN WORK A FULL 40HRS…JUST NO OVERTIME,I AM LOOSING IT GUYS

Wow, this seem like a lawsuit to me. I think you need to send this to a labor attorney not a union dude. I work at a small office and I do the HR. I had a leaked annie that was coiled in November I am back to work after 2 weeks. And I know they have to ease up my load if I needed it. I am still in alot of pain, but could go home anytime I need. I know that you have come back and forth to work. But you should talk to a labor attorney. For gods sake the post office in the government they should know better. Light and prayers coming your way. Kim

Jason,

My prayers are with you and your family...

Hopefully you have USPS human resources to contact as well as your union reps, and an attorney if needed. Let us know what state/city where you are located as some members may help with referrals in your area. It can all be so overwhelming.

Order copies of your medical records including the clinical data that supports the written records; i.e. CD/DVDs of your images from CTs to the angiograms.

What Rehab did you have while hospitalized, and/or transferred to another facility for Rehab?

Please keep in touch.

Pat

EVEN WORSE I HAVE MY ANGIO NEXT MO AND I DONT KNOW IF I WILL HAVE INSURANCE,…THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO WORK…I AM GOING TO GET A LAWYER BUT NEED ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS STUFF…THEN NOT WORKING GOT BILLS , 10,000 JUST IN DEDUCTABLES. I AM JUST CRYING NOW…HAHA\HAHA…JUST SETTING ME WAY BACK IN RECOVERY… I AM IN ST PAUL MINNESOTA…ANY LEADS ON A LAWYER OR NUMBER TO CALL FOR HELP … THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REPLIES THIS SITE HAS REALLY HELPED ME ,SEMPER FI JASON SILCOX .

I WAS SENT HOME 24 HRS AFTER I WOKE UP… NEVER GOT REHAB…THEY WHERE GOING TO SEND ME TO THESPA BUT SAID NO WE ARE GOING TO SEND YA HOME. IT SOUNDS UNREAL BUT TRUE 24 HR FROM A BLOWN ANNIE , AND TWO MORE ANNIES AND 28 DAYS IN A COMA…I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT A ANNIE WAS … I AM A COMBAT CERTIFIED MARINE … AND THIS IS MORE TRAMATIC THAN THAT WAS …I AM IN SOUTH SAINT PAUL MINNESOTA , JASON SILCOX IS MY NAME , PLEASE IS ANYONE HAS INFO PLEASE HELP, SEMPER FI JASON SILCOX

Jason I am so sorry to hear of all of your struggles (an your family's).

I hope & pray that you will find legal councel to help you on this issue, as it seems you need some direction in this matter. Please try to keep your head up, and stay strong, you do not want to have a relapse or have anything else happen to you, your family needs you there with them.

Through all of this you all will remain togeher, you are still here for a reason, and even though right now it may seem bleek, try to remember this too shall pass..... It will in the end make you a stronger person, you will work it all out I am sure, so don't let them get you down, your here, your Alive!!

My prayers are with you all, God Bless !!