Brain Aneurysm Support Community

Third time surgery

I had a ruptured brain aneurysm and stroke 15 years ago at the age of 48 leaving me unable to walk or talk. I was fortunate to gain back my walking ability and speech.

About two years ago i got a bump on my forehead that wouldn’t go away. I doctored for over a year before they finally figured out what it was. When they did my original brain aneurysm surgery they cut me from ear-to-ear. They put a metal plate in my forehead. They accidentally drilled one of the screws for this plate i

• nto my frontal sinus cavity.

This caused to sinus cavity to fill up with mucus. They opened up my head again (Feb. 2017). They filled up the sinus cavity with fat from my stomach.

Fast forward a year…the bump has come back. I was told by my surgeons that when they did the surgery last February, they didn’t get out all of the lining (mucosa) of the sinus. This causes it to continue to secrete mucus. The mucus is filling up the sinus, pushing out some of the fat they put in there.

They told me the only way to get rid of it is to open up my head AGAIN, remove the metal plate, remove the fat from the sinus, clean it out and refill it with fat.

Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone…or am the first?
Needless to say…I’m just a little worried to have my head cut open for the third time.

If anyone out there has any information (or just encouragement) for me I’d really appreciate it!