Stroke In Months following PED device

My husband had his PED placed I’m January for a very large complicated dissecting aneurism. He had a stroke three weeks ago. Anyone else had a stroke as a complication of a PED device? They think his stroke was situational from what he had done that day and that his risk factor is no greater than originally thought for another but I’m still fairly traumatized.

I had my 9mm annie stented withe 2 PEDs telescoped back in June, 2011. I was one of the first to have the PED placed just after the FDA approved their use here in the US. My annie was on the internal carotid artery right at the opthalmic artery. Luckily, the only complication I suffered with was headaches, which my surgeon warned my husband was a possibility.

In the PED Group, I don't recally anyone having had a stroke after PED placement.

I do hope that your husband is recovering from his stroke and that all is well since his PED surgery. You may want to post on the PED Group wall where more people would see this and respond.

Best wishes and welcome to the PED Group,

Linda

Thank you Linda :slight_smile:

Good morning,

I have two PED. The first procedure was on April 2017 and the second one on August 2017. in the big aneurysm, in addition of the PED, i had coiling/stent. I had a TIA on September 2018. My neuroradiologist says I am able to have a normal life and can do anything like before. The neurologyst, told me i should not do Yoga, high cardio, keep my blood pressure controlled, and avoid stressful situations, and even recommend to work part time. After the procedures and TIA, I do not feel the same. I get tired easily, low concentration, hard to get to the same speed I used to at work (office job, I am a CPA). I continuously have brain pressure (like twice per month), when I tried to do some exercise ,work on deadlines at work and/or stressful situations. I did not have those symptoms before. Does someone has some of those symptoms after an unruptured treated brain aneurysms?

Please start a new post, this one is six years old!