Speech Therapie

My Neuro office called today.

Since I had a small stroke during the coiling and pipeline procedure one month ago,

he suggested that I might benefit from speech therapie.

I noticed that sometimes I cannot remember words or how to articulate them.

Also, when I type my fingers and brain are not on the same page.

I went back to work after 2 weeks, communication is very important

in my job.

Is that Normal????When will it get better???? Frustrated.....

Hello Christa,
We all recover at different speeds. Your brain needs time to heal. Please do not be hard on yourself. I was told that at two years my recovery would slow. This is not the case with me. I am much older and am still noticing changes. Some things we have to relearn and retain through repetition - others not. Speech therapy is excellent. One step at a time. I too was incredibly frustrated at first. My way, my rules and my time - makes me laugh to think I held myself in such high esteem. Enjoy the day. That was a learning experience for me.

Thank you so much, makes me feel better, I have good and bad days. Today, not so hot,

I guess I am feeling sorry for myself. lol

Penny said:

Hello Christa,
We all recover at different speeds. Your brain needs time to heal. Please do not be hard on yourself. I was told that at two years my recovery would slow. This is not the case with me. I am much older and am still noticing changes. Some things we have to relearn and retain through repetition - others not. Speech therapy is excellent. One step at a time. I too was incredibly frustrated at first. My way, my rules and my time - makes me laugh to think I held myself in such high esteem. Enjoy the day. That was a learning experience for me.

You are fine. We all have good days and bad days - with or without surgery. I have to remind myself- I can’t control the weather, so what makes me think I can control the day? ME in a bad mood. Not worth the energy. If you are having periods of anxiety, please write them down and let your doctor know.