Slippage of titanium clips

I am post craniotomy for non-ruptured right communicating artery, 8.5 years ago. Does anybody have any information on the reliability of the titanium clips?

Judith,

I have three clips and I have never heard of this possibility. Scares the crap out of me :) I still get scanned every year so I hope this is tracked but I'm going to mention it at my next appointment.

Carol

Hi Carol, Will you let me know what you find out? Thank you in advance...

Judy

Carol said:

Judith,

I have three clips and I have never heard of this possibility. Scares the crap out of me :) I still get scanned every year so I hope this is tracked but I'm going to mention it at my next appointment.

Carol

My surgeon and the radiologist told me clips were robust and have stood the test of time over years- many aneurysms are coiled simply because there is less risk than with open surgery and to access aneurysms that in the past have been deemed unclippable due to location- I have been told that when correctly placed they are extremely effective and reliable and will not budge a mm

1 Like

I sure will Judy.

Judith A. Gracey said:

Hi Carol, Will you let me know what you find out? Thank you in advance...

Judy

Carol said:

Judith,

Carol

Hi I had clipping for posterior communicating aneryism in 1996. I had a subrachnoid haemorrhage in 2013 from that site but technology was limited in 1996 and never had any investigation after clipping which I should have but can only reassure you that if you have yearly check ups they would spot anything. Mine must have grown for 17 years so I would hope you have peace of mind with yearly checks

Thank you, Joanne!
Judy G.

Your welcome hope it reassured you, you will be fine with yearly checks you really will jox