Sharp "stabs" of pain?

every once and awhile, like just a few minutes ago, I get a sharp stab of pain in my head. It hurts.

typical?

Hi Amy...I was coiled and my brain aneurysm was leaking, but hadn't ruptured...~ That being said, I too have sharp stabbing pains in my head from time to time, esp when I am experiencing migraine ... I don't know if it is typical, but I wonder if it happened in the past, but we thought nothing of it...now we are more sensitve to pain in our head ... ~ does that make sense ?

Sharp pain where? how sharp is it? does it stop you from moving, thinking, doing ? Has the length of time stayed the same, shortened or expanded? Many of us have varying pains, discomforts, and/or sense of "pressure" vs pain... like a balloon expanding/ detracting...

Amy, the bright side is that you did maintain and/or regain "feeling / sensation" and some cranial nerve(s) are apparently working... should be a blessing...

Highly recommend you call your neuro ... anticipate /expect you have an on-call # for him /his unit...

Prayers...

Pat

it is on my right side. I might give my neuro a call tomorrow. It isn't near where mine ruptured.

Amy... try to explain the position as best possible for your call to him...please do call him tomorrow...

Pat

I had a clipping two weeks ago and every once in a while I do get sharp pains…I also get other weird feeling like there is a spider on my incision and other pains in my head too and flushing feeling too.I assume these are normal!

Hi, I had mine coiled 2 years ago and I also get the sharp stabbing pains in my head from time to time. Now is one of those times. I am going for my MRI next week. WIll update more then. I did not suffer from migranes and trust me, sharp stabbing pains in head is not in my imagination:).