Scam alert on baf

THERE IS A MEMBER ON HERE BY THE NAME OF STELLA KWALE THAT IS USING THIS SITE TO TRY TO RUN SCAMS. SHE WROTE ME TELLING ME I WAS THE NEXT OF KIN TO SOMEONE IN GHANA AND WANTS ME TO CLAIM INHERITANCE. I WOULD HAVE TO SEND HER MONEY WESTERN UNION TO GET IT RELEASED TO ME. SHE IS A SCAM ARTIST SO PEOPLE PLEASE BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE SOME IGNORANT AND PATHETIC PEOPLE ABUSING THIS SITE.

Hi Alisha...we have people from time to time doing this and it is a problem, but one we take care of immediately at BAF for the safety of our members...I suspended Stella Kwale yesterday, so you shouldn't receive anymore emails from her and/or him...Fondly, Colleen

I appreciate that. I knew it was a scam the minute she wanted to talk to me privately and sent a message to my personal email. I thank you so much for handling it promptly.

I sent her information to my local secret service that deals with these types of scammers as they emailed me the same thing.

Just curious if you are sure your info is set to private and not public? That could be how wthey are getting your information.....

Vj

Thank you. If these people would put the same effort into getting a job instead of preying on innocent people we would be better off.

@MYRA...U ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...I WA SO DISAPPOINTED TO SEE VULTURES PREYING ON PEOPLE THAT ARE ON HERE TO MAKE A CHANGE...SO PATHETIC AND DO THEY REALLY THINK WE WILL FALL FOR THE SCAM? LOL...INHERITANCE OF MILLIONS OF US DOLLARS...YEAH RIGHT? LOL...LUCKILY WE ARE SMART! GO BAF! AND BIG THANKS TO COLLEEN FOR RESOLVING IT IMMEDIATELY!

I especially like the ones that say something about being next of kin. I'm from Texas. Pretty sure I know all my kin. LOL!