Residual infundilum

Hello All!

Haven't checked in for a while. Just feel lousy. Its been 14 months since my crani and I still can't get my balance. I found a great Neurologist in town got tested for vertigo and dis-equalibrium. The physical therapist says I have severe dis-equalibrium and right sided vertigo. Geez, And they said I was fine after my crani...Physical therapist says it is due to my crani. She is not sure if she can get me 100 percent but she says I will feel better. I am so tired of be just exhausted trying each day to concentrate on trying to walk straight at work. Ugg

I know I shouldn't complain. I am alive after all and my annie was not a rupture. I am just so tired of fighting some days. Just needed to vent.

Also, just had my yearly mra and it says a 2x2 residual infundilum. Does anyone know what that is? I can't get a hold of my doc and I have made my self sick over it. I know you all are not not doctors. Just curious. I hope you are all doing well.

Meleah...so sorry for all you are going through. You are blessed that you can even work.

The infundibulum is also known as the pituitary stalk. My diagnostic record notes that.

Because the area is the pituitary (it has two lobes), have you had your thyroid checked?

Please talk to your MDs about getting all the related stuff included in your blood tests.

If you want to research which arteries supply which lobes, etc...search/browse Cerebral Artery Distribution and note the one from http:missinglink.ucsf.edu; it has been, for me, the easiest to understand.

Hugs and prayers,

Pat

Meleah...it is so good to see a post from you...but not good that you are in pain....

I too am going to P/T for neck pain...every time I turn my neck to the right since being coiled...it is painful and I get dizzy...P/T helping, but he too is not sure he can help me completely...I hate that you have this, but good to know I am not alone...

~and you my dear aren't complaining~

I donot know what residual infundilum is and anxious to see if anyone writes what it is...

Sometimes the everyday problems caused from the annie's are worse then the entire surgery...

Gotcha in my Thoughts, keep us posted....Colleen

infundilum- Everyone with the exception of the surgeon thought it was another aneurysm, after some more imaging and discussion, my neurologist and his "team" agreed that it was an infundilum- Frankly, I was so thrilled it wasn't an aneurysm that I didn't really pay too much attention after that...That being said, how I understood it is that it is a "malformation" of veins (funnel shaped)- they didn't seem too concerned and no more imaging for 5 years so I choose not to worry about it.

I would love to hear of what you find out- D

Meleah,

When you Google "residual infundilum" your posting comes up plus one other old paper on vetinary medicine! :-)

Infundilum by itself brings up the explanations referenced in the posts below.

Please go ahead and vent when you need to. We've all taken this walk no matter how easy or how challenging our recovery has been.

The company that I work for stresses safety in the work place. Avoiding slips, trips and falls is preached in the office environment as it is the major source of injury. For most people it's caused by not paying attention. So, as you concentrate on walking straight, just remind yourself that you are practicing safety. Please don't be embarassed to stop and brace yourself from time to time, when the need arises. And, please hold on to the hand rails when you go up and down the stairs if you have to take them! It's required in our offices. It's called being safe. :-)

Take care.

Carole

This what I found:

Infundibula (IFs) are funnel-shaped symmetrical
enlargements of the origin of cerebral arteries. Most
frequently they affect the origin of the posterior communicating
artery (PComA) at its junction with the
internal carotid artery (ICA), and are considered as
normal anatomical variants devoid of pathogenic
significance. Some authors do not agree with this
statement and consider an IF a “pre-aneurysmal” lesion1-
4. This belief rests on the increasing incidence
of infundibular widening with age and on the histological
demonstration of changes in some IFs similar
to that characteristic of saccular aneurysms1.
We report the progression of an IF to aneurysm,
with subsequent rupture, in a hypertensive patient
previously operated of multiple and bilateral
aneurysms, through a unilateral craniotomy.

I think I need to stay off the internet. Reading too much can cause much anxiety. Ugg

Meleah-

Thanks for the info....

It helps me also....D

...and yes, I misspoke when I said veins rather than arteries---big difference- I know.......

Meleah, thank you, thank you, it is excellent. I use MeSH browser and other websites; and whenever infundibulum is entered, it reaches the pituitary stalk and pulmonary for data; and not as a specific adjective for dilation of other areas.

Research I had done re: ICA and sella turcica which holds the pituitary and is w/in the sphenoid bone; thus, I never thought to do more research on the infundibulum as a separate word. My diagnostic story format notes several times that the PComA could not be visualized...so, it was difficult for me to imagine he meant a PComA was infundibular...which may have encouragd me to do more research. Those basic arteries/branches serve that same basic area.

Thank you so much for your help to me...

Some research I did on my new understanding of infundibulum; there are numerous articles relating to infundibulum as a potential aneurysm...

I have called annie growth "the dormant seed that has been propogated" I have thought this for a long time due to my MVA history. My headaches began after the second MVA five years before my ruptures.

Residual means something left behind... Ask your doctor what/why it was left behind. My records note residual numerous times. I survived all my residual health care...so try not to worry; but do ask your doctor.

The auditory nerve (VIII) relates to balance...search cranial nerves for more data. I rec overd most of my balance through my vision therapy; and there is a part of those nerves that overlap/coordinate...may be CN III.

Thanks for remebering we are not doctors...