Questions about after coiling

Hello to you all... i had the coiling procedure done last monday( on unruptured aneu ).All went well,no complications. Except for an epilepsy seasure the next day. But all is well now. I was wondering how long i will feel this tiered.. I am sooooo pooped. In the morning i am well, but in the afternoon... wow.. just barely able to have a conversation.

My neck also hurts, but that is most probabaly due to the stress i have been through. I have noticed that i do tend to have my sholders upwards.. that is maybe why neck is sore. Has anyone experienced the after coiling simular to me... please let me know. I have no idea what is normal and or not normal

Hello i had my coiling and stent done 25 or so days ago. Im still tired alot but its getting better. Try to have some paitence i know easier said then done. Hang in there youll be ok. God bless

Sarah...did the neuro-docs talk to you about the position the body is in on the angio table?

Also ask them about which arteries / cranial nerves may relate to the part of your neck that hurts?

Also, if your seizure adds to fatigue? What about the med prescribed for it?

We all seem to have fatigue to some levels...at varying time frames....whether ruptured, unruptured, or open surgery...tho the varying levels of varying drugs can also have affect/effect... i.e. what did they explain about which anesthesia drugs were used...

Prayers for your continued recovery and rest...

Hi Sarah,

glad you're through with the procedure....'tired' is a by product of this procedure, gotta listen to your body and rest rest, rest and rest some more..Like Jeannie said, patience....easier said, hard to have it! Take care,

Janet

Hi Pat, no do not know about position of body on the table... why ,should i know this info. And yes the sesure does make you quit tiered . Last sesure i was out of it for about 3 weeks,, and now i had them tamper with my brain.. so i guess all this is normal. Thanks for all the help to all of you. I wish i could speak on the phone with you. Maybe i'd feel less alone and sad. xxx god bless you all

Well...some of us have a fantasy...that medical things are explained to us...including potential reactions to the various drugs administered...

it seems like any of the hospitals could have easy-to-read pre-printed outline-type format brochure to provide to patients on initial presentations...

Well...seizures are w/in the temporal lobe of our brain...

Many of us have felt alone at varying times...post-treatment...

I can suggest the "chat" group...tho I still stumble/forget the connections...and, not explain it to you...

Blessings to you...

thanks so much. It makes me feel somewhat better. My mom thinks i shouldn't really watch too much tv,and too much computer just to rest my brain.. but that is quit a boar. what did you do while resting

Oh My God I did the same...and had much pain in my neck and shoulder...eventually Neurologist had me go for Physical therapy...I now do a lot of stretching...I think it is a combination of the coiling and the way they may have your body during surgery...

You will feel tired for some time...infact, 3 years later...I can barely keep my eyes open at 9pm...I find most of my energy is in the morning...and I work with it...do things in the morning and rest more in the afternoon...

Right now You need rest and taking care of YOU...also walking around the house several times a day helps to get your stamina up...~ Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen

Hi Colleen... ouf, i am glad i am not alone with this neck thing...Staying past 9:00 pm.. well that was almost not duable for me befor coiling.. so i guess 7h00 pm will be good... lollets say 8:00 pm with my 2 kids.. :) i feel yes better in the morning.

colleen do you work now, and if so ,if i may ask, what to you do.

No Sarah...I don't work out of the house...I am 49 years old...and have moved a lot for my husbands career...I do volunteer work with church, here at BAF, in the community, etc.,

My hats off to those that work since the clipping, coiling, etc., I donot know how they balance everything with not always feeling too good...and like you Sarah...2 kids...

~

well, i am my own employer. I have a cleaning buisiness and work with a friend. I have planed to take off 6 weeks for now.. Not any less. We will see. I am just doing lots of thinking,trying to figure out what i could do if i do not continue with my cleaning buisiness. And i can't drive for the next 6 months due to sesure.. sooooooo :) Kids its ok.. A little hard right now in the evening,but y mom and my husband are here. During the day my mom is here. She does all the cookig,cleaning etc,. she took one month off for me. She is a nurse practitioner in ontario so i am in good hands. My oldest daughter is 9 so she is capable of helping and going to school. Little one is 2 and a half and goign to daycare... that is a good thing right now lol. Today i feel pretty good. Less sad.. but usually i feel a little depressed in the evening when all the action is going on and when i am tiered.:) I am 35 years old.. so i find it difficult not beoing able right now to keep up with my usual lifestyle

Ah Sarah...I know what you are saying...about keeping up with usual lifestyle...but it will happen...and I really encourage you keep that 6 weeks off...especially because of your business includes not only hard work, but sometimes lifting, pushing a vacuum cleaner, etc., ... take the time when mom and hubs are taking over to watch a good lifetime movie, start a funny book (I recommend janet evanovich), or whatever would make Sarah happy...you sound like a strong lady...but being strong Sarah is admitting right now you need to feel what you must...and know we are all here for YOU...again...I admire you ... I like you were lucky to have a great mom and hubby helping out...~ Wishing you a peaceful evening ~ Colleen