Please share your experiences on "Wait and Watch" approach to small aneurysms

Hi Petra...

I had 2 annes found in March one 8mm and one 4mm, both were on the same artery, Internal Carotid, the 8mm was deep inside the brain and would have been fatal if ruptured, the 4mm is on the outside of the brain, and was not such a "WORRY". On 6th April I went into surgey for coiling and awoke to find only the 8mm was coiled and the 4mm was left for the monitoring Wait n Watch approach. I was a little (who am I kidding... A lot) dissapointed at first as I had hoped and asked that I would get it all over and done with in one go, .....2 birds with one stone n all that... but I now realise that my surgeon made his decision whilst working inside my head, and i'm sure it would have been easier to deal with both at the same time for him also, but he chose not to for my safety. So I now look at it positively and think it was safer to leave well alone, and take the wait n watch approach than risk the coiling, and as my surgeon did not see it as a worry with first hand viewing who am I to disagree.

Best wishes

Gaynor