One Year Since my PED surgery

It is hard to believe that one year ago today, I underwent a new procedure called the PED, which has been used many many many times over the past 12 months. I remember feeling so alone because the PED procedure was so new here in the US (it was only FDA approved for use here in the US a short month prior to my annies being found -- lucky me!). No one knew what the PED was and I was floored and really felt alone!! Then I found Giovanni who had the PED about a year or so prior to mine (of course he lives in Italy, so they have had it for quite a while) and I met all the wonderful support people here at BAF that let me know that I was not alone in my journey.

Giovanni and I started the PED Group so that we could enlighten as many members as we could about our PED journeys and hope that we could all share our knowledge of this new lifesaving little piece of heaven. Shameless plug for the PED Group found here http://www.bafsupport.org/group/pipeline-embolization-device-ped

I want to take this time to thank everyone here at BAF who have supported me over the year and helped me to realize that although I have no outward scar, I still am an aneurysm survivor!! It took me a long time to realize that and it was with the help of you here, my BAF Family, that I am able to look back over that year and know that you all held my hand, wiped my tears and lent me your shoulders when I needed it most.

Thank you just doesn't seem like enough!

I love you all!

Linda

xxxxxxx

Hi Linda...

This is a Beautiful post...~ Thank ~you for sharing your feelings...

You have and continue to help so many in this journey...~ you my dear are a "True Survivor"...

Have a Beautiful day ~ Cyber~hugs Colleen

Linda,

I've always said you have such a wonderful way to describe, encourage and heal with a positive approach to being an aneurysm survivor! Thank You for All your kind words and encouragement over the last year and many more!! (so cliche :)))

Love and Hugs,

Karen

Thank you Colleen, you have been my inspiration from the beginning. Your shinning light is a guide for all of us here at BAF

Hugs,

Linda

Thank you so much Elke, I look forward to many many more years with all my BAF Family and Friends to continue these wonderful milestone celebrations!

Karen,

My soul sista!!! You became such a rock for me and I couldn't have asked for a better friend! I cannot express what your friendship has meant to me!!

Luv and much hugs to ya sista!

Linda

Dear Linda,

Happy Anniversary and Best Wishes for many, many more. :slight_smile:

Your journey continues and your wonderful testimony will serve to encourage others. Thanks be to God that the PED device was available when you needed it and for your fantastic recovery.

Take care.

Carole

:)) and tears of joy!!

love you!

karen

Thank you so much Carole, I am blessed that the PED was available to me when I needed it most!!

Best wishes!

Linda

Sue, Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad that I am able to help others through the tough decision of having a surgery that was basically in minimally tested waters. I hope to have many years of wiping away as many tears as I can!

Best wishes to you!
Linda

Love you sista!!!! :))

Hi Linda, best wishes to you and sure...............to your PED..

I'm sure it will be a long ..........long story.

Take care of you.

Giovanni