NJ, PA area

Who would you recommend... U of Penn (Dr. Smith) or Jefferson???

HELP!

Thx!!

Hi Sunrise,

I had a clipping done at Jefferson by Dr. Stavrapoulo Tjoumakaris last November 20th. My aneurysm was in the left middle cerebral artery. I had to have it clipped due to a high percentage of developing a stroke if it was coiled. I had no deficits and didn't need any type of rehab. A friend of a friend recommended Dr. Tjoumakaris to me and she had no deficits either. I am so happy everything worked out the way it did. She listened intently to all my questions and made me feel at ease. You have to feel confidant with your surgeon and hospital staff. The staff was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. I hope this helps, let me know if you want more information. Good luck to you Sunrise!

Bonnie

hi Sunrise! I can't say about Penn but I can say I had emergency SAH coiling @ Jefferson by Dr Pascal Jabbour which was successful but 8mnths later they detected compaction but I had no symptoms. The recoiling was ok,scary but certainly do-able. I am biased and unfamiliar with Penn so its hard to recommend. I am 4 yrs post SAH and 3 yrs post recoiling and all is well re coiling. I have a video of Dr. Jabbour explaning the importance of specialization of endovascular coiling- its on my page left side under video sect. I will look for the link and post it for you, please feel free to ask me any questions on here or if you'd prefer -friend me and you can write me direct thru my e-mail. Anyway we'll keep you in thoughts and prayers for great healing. God Bess~

hi me again -I found the link! I hope this helps!http://www.bafsupport.org/video/coiling-procedure