Nighttime Headaches

Just wanted to let everyone know I talked to my surgeon in Chicago and they want to admit me to the hospital. Had another awful nighttime headache again. So upset… hoping I don’t have another angio… and don’t want to rack up thousands in more medical bills.

Hi Kristin,

Nice to see you on here. Doctor Charbel is my Doctor too! I had a crainiotomy for a 5mm aneurysm on my opthalmic artery November 16. Had a csf leak and was readmitted only after being home from the crainiotomy 8 hours. I called him today because guess what? I am having headaches again behind my eyes and they started a few days ago. I am freaked out. So I see him monday morning, Maybe we will be room mates..lol not funny but I guess I need to make lite of it a little cause I am scared. I am also getting swelling under my eyes. Not sure if I have a leak again. Be strong. I will say a little prayer for you tonight.

Oh my goodness! That really stinks Meleah! Turns out they think I’m having siezures or vascular spams. Have me on Keppra and it has stopped the nighttime headaches. Thankfully I was only in the hospital for a night. Do you talk to Kate as well?

Tina, I am still having issues. Who is your doctor and where is he/she located?

Meleah,

What ever happened? Charbel brushed me off with "it must be migraines." However, I am STILL having headaches AND my temple keeps swelling (I am assuming from my brain fluid leaking. :/ )

Do you have yahoo or something where we could chat?

Hi, I kept getting headaches all the time at night especially, my annie had been coiled and i finally went to a neuroligist, he sent me for an mri/mra and he put me on 3 different meds, appears that my body sometimes is trying to reject the ball of coils and it causes my brain to swell, hence the headaches so I get a low dose steroid, from the swelling i have seizures so I have to take seizure meds, it had helped alot but I have noticed that if I over do it , do it too much in the yard, cutting grass or too much exercise, pilaties ect, i really get bad headaches, but everyone is different , hope this helps! huggs and prayers Julie in Delaware

Hi Kristin,

In my opinion, you are doing way too much at such a short period. I had craniotomy surgery almost 3 years ago. I had to learn how to walk and short term memory is still bit of a struggle but I am doing good. A wise doctor advised me not to rush my healing. You may feel like you are back to your old self but at times it doesn't work like that. Your brain, I think, is still very sensitive and all that activity is too much.

I think you should slow down a lot to allow healing. I know you wanna jump ropes but you don't wanna practically end up in a hospital whenever you jump ropes. Most of the time, we tend to think that since the outward part of the incision looks healed, the incision is fully healed. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Pace yourself and in due time, you will be doing what you love to do, hopefully, with no headaches.

1 Like

I haven't posted recently but my craniotomy was in Feb 2011. All seemed to go well, a few incidents after getting home etc. Yes I too have short term memory issues..still. I have headaches and I soooo agree with sometimes in my head it's stormy, sometimes it's a nice sunny day, sometimes it starts out being a nice sunny day and a thunderstorm rolls in by mid afternoon. That is such a great way of putting it. I wish I could remember who wrote that in this thread but you are brilliant! :-). I also say the wrong words in a sentence at times, I also can't find a very simple word. Sometimes, as I call it, I get stuck. As in will be mid sentence and start to stutter and then the word will pop out. I've also recently realized that I have problems with numbers. When writing a cheque or something, I have to really THINK about how to write say, 2011. I"m in the midst of becoming involved with a huge group of people, social worker, regional brain injury services, OT, speech therapist, etc...that's for another day and when I can report some progress! :-)

Anyway, Kristen, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have pushed yourself much too hard since the beginning of your recovery hun. I found that there are always consequences for doing just that. Please slow down. You'll have the rest of your life to jump rope 24/7 if you wish. It's just simply not this day.

Tina

i had that and my surgeon looked at my ct and said he aint concerned, so like me you must be doing to much, like with me the rain makes my head hurt, how about you?

The rain definitely wreaks havoc with me. Usually hours before it comes I start getting a headache. :frowning:

You know what really makes me head mad? Sneezing and coughing! Oh my gosh it makes it hurt so bad then my temple swells. You will be happy to know I haven't jumped since late June. :)

Who is your doc?

Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile: I am trying to slow it down. This summer was def helpful since I was off work… unfort school resumes next week!

Karen, you were so blessed with your level of care; and we are that you spend time here with this group… I cannot remember another with your successes… maybe I just missed them. It is really special that you have time for this…thanks so much…

Hi Kristin. Just seeing this message. I was admitted overnight for observation. The couldn't figure it out. They did find some kind of polyp or something in my sinus. I don't have yahoo but your more than welcomed to find me on face book. Then we can chat!

Omg. sneezing and coughing kills me. It is a instant headache for me. Even 10 months after my crani.