News from Twxas

I received word today that the resolution is prepared and waiting for a number which should be assigned tomorrow. I am so excited to have September recognized as Brain Aneurysm Month!! I’m ready to start working on a Texas wide walk!!

Taylor would be so proud! He would have been 17, April 1 so I am saying many prayers we can get this approved by Friday!!

I hope is well with everyone!!!

TEXAS

Dana,

It sounds grand...will you tell us more about Taylor, and more... if you did prior, I was not around and missed it...

I think you have a number of members here from Texas...

January 19, 2010, my life changed. Taylor was 15, beautiful smile and a personality that kept you laughing. I had heard of brain Aneuryms but didn’t really understand the depth of its destruction. Taylor suffered from a SAH. There were no symptoms, no family history…instantly all our lives changed. Taylor had a contagious personality and is deeply missed. You can find out more by visiting www.taylormangham.com. The story is heartbreaking and I am determined to do all I can to bring awareness to BA. We did donate his organs so he lives on in others which is the greatest gift, life. Thank you for asking…

Dana,

I am feeling overwhelemd for you all...and, Taylor is living on in others...

Thank you for sharing this; I will view the site next...

Blessings to you all...

Pat

If this get approved ... it will put aneurysm in the public eye...and Doc's will have to step up and look for them...

Happy Birthday to Taylor in Heaven...he is looking down so proud of his mom...

Thank you for everything you are doing for all of us...You are so ... Honoring Taylor's Memory...what a super mom...

Cyber ~ Prayers Prayers and Thoughts...Colleen

What a great mom and advocate for him and everyone.

Dana, When this is completed maybe, if you would possible, direct others as to how to do this in their states-and resources used to do this. Any information at all would be helpful. Thanks.

Absolutely! I have the proclamation that’s was provided to me by the BAF, if you visit Taylormangham.com, Lobby has the forms necessary for completion. I checked with my state representative and when I found out Texas didn’t recognize September as Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month. From there, a letter writing campaign began and now we are waiting foe a number. Session ends in May so I am pushing hard for approval!! I shared my cause and it took off from there. My goal on e approved is to hold a much larger walk in September. Taylor is deeply missed and this is my way of honoring his memory and educating others about BA. When it happened for us, I knew nothing, no signs …I lost him at age 16, January 19, 2010. We held an excellent walk this year in his honor and look forward to spreading the word even more once the proclamation is approved!! Thank you for asking and if I can so anything to help, let me know.

Overlook the typos, just woke! :slight_smile:

Dana...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes for warm memories to Taylor...I viewed your site the other evening...wrapped it in hugs and prayers...

Dana, thank you for getting info off on how to get our states to recognize this...I am in the midst of another project right now which I hope will help.

I pray that you will get connected with your Texas promoters from this group... Brenda ( slipping last name...and, can never forget her/him) mother of a13 y/o survivor five years ago, and w/Michelle Patterson who is so committed to raising BA info and promoting walks...

Warm Wishes...to you all

For all of you bringig forward info....brought this forward for Judy G...hope you all can coordinate ideas and efforts...

Update from Texas…the proclamation is moving along.
The proclamation was filed with Rules and Resolutions April 4, 2011, Bill HR 1070. To follow where we
are, visit http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HR1070
I am super excited about the progress made and can’t wait to begin preparations for a walk/ run to bring awareness to brain aneurysms. I hope this makes more doctors perform more thorough checks. I plan to be presen the day the proclamation is signed by Governor Rick Perry, Representative Truitt and others. Taylor would be extremely proud, smiling from above. Taylor is deeply missed and loved by many friends and family. I am super excited and will keep all informed!!!

i am from dallas texas! i would love to be on board to help n getting this passed..God be with you n your family for taking a negative n turning it into a positive...what an awesome mom you are...if there is anything i can do to help please let me know..i am trying to put together a walk/run myself for awareness so if your in a different part of texas i can help over here..much lovevn prayers coming yalls way...God bless

Hey Michelle!
I would love the help and assistance. I just filed with Ft Worth The Notice of Event-September 24 as our first annual walk/run. Staying involved with BAF assists me tremendously in coping with the passing of Taylor. I know he is smiling down on ny every move and so proud of the progress we are making. As soon as I know more on the proclamation and the walk, I will let you and many others know!!! Thank you for the note, it is greatly appreciated.

sounds great my friend…i’ll be waiting to hear from u