New here-aspirin allergy

Hi Everyone. I’m new here and am looking at having surgery on a 4mm anuerysm soon. Just found this site today and it has already made me feel a bit better. My anuerysm is eligible for cooking or clipping…but…I am pretty sure I have an aspirin allergy, and my dr says no coiling procedure if that is the case…since aspirin is needed before and after the procedure. I’m being allergy tested tomorrow to see if I am indeed allergic. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hey Kim! Thanks for the spell check chuckle! My mother has a sensitivity to aspirin, it knocks her out. But the cardiologist prescribed 81mg daily after her bypass surgery and pacemaker. She’s doing well, took awhile for her not to fall asleep though. Personally I was taken off aspirin after rupture and haven’t been back on any type of anticoagulant since leaving the hospital. My cardiologist shared with no noticeable stenosis in my arteries, there wasn’t a need. Everyone is different. Good luck!

Kim...welcome...and, I am glad you are being tested for aspirin... Smiling at Moltroub's comment...

Wishing you best decision and best results of your decision...