My Big Day

Hello All, I am new to this site and very greatful that i found it. My twin sister went into the hospital a few weeks ago with a Stroke... during further testing they found a large aneurysm on the right side of her brain. This was devastaing news to all of us... The great thing about this story is that she was a good candidate for coiling. They went through her groin and up to her brain.. that in itselt is still jaw dropping to me that they could do this. The surgery was a huge success !!! the Drs were in Awww at how quickly she bounced back. She was in the hospital overnight and then home. The rcovery is going well so far.. she's up and about.. She does have a little short term memory from the stroke but that's about it. As for me, because we are twins the Dr. highly suggested i go get tested. So i'm on my way to get tested this morning. I know that this will be whatever God's will is but it's still a little nerve wrecking. Please say a little prayer for me today. God Bless All of You and Thank God for Life !!

Hello Lolita...Im glad that your sister is doing well in her recovery. I also got tested after my mother suffered from a ruptured aneurysm & found out it could be hereditary. But I hope you get better test results than I did. I know its a bit nerve wrecking but just stay positive. I said my little prayer for you & hope your test results come back negative. Blessings & Hugs to you and your family :)

Hi Lolita - It's great to hear your sister made such a quick recovery after all she's been through. I hope everything goes well for you today; I know it's easier said than done, but try to stay calm. Good luck to both of you :)

Good luck, Lolita! I hope they do not find any aneurysms!

Lolita you have my thoughts and prayers...for good news...~ glad to hear your sister is doing so good...

Positive vibes your way...Colleen

Hi Lolita,

Thanks for sharing your story.

May your sister be blessed with a full and complete recovery from her stroke and aneurysm coiling. Was she able to get TPN?

I pray that your angiogram will not reveal any aneurysms. Hold to his Hand!

Carole

Carole, thank you soo much.. i'm not sure i know what TPN is.. please enlighten me.

Lolita

Thanks everyone for your blessings and encouragement. The screening this morning was only for 5 minutes.. but it was the longesssssst five minutes of my entie life LOL ! glad that's done.. now i wait. Hopefully i will know something soon. Thanks again everyone !

yes it is nerve wrecking-but thank God she is up & about.Thanks for sharing,it's good to hear a positive-that she came out of this so well.I never would have thought the groin was a good access to the brain area!!I learned about this the hard way in 2009. our prayers are with you &yours

Will definately say some prayers and God Bless You and your sister

Lolita, welcome; and prayers for continued recovery of your sister anmd good results for your testing today.

Pat

Hi Lolita,

I mis-typed before. I should have written TPA.

Tissue plasminogen activator can be used to treat some people who are having a stroke caused by a blood clot.

I know several people who received it and were able to recover from their strokes without any obvious deficits.

Carole

Thanks all..i'm patiently waiting for the results.. well not really LOL !!! i wish they wouild hurry up already !