Mom and weed

Mom suffered a ruptured annie about 5 months ago.She is now in my boyfriend and I's care.She has rediscovered weed.Is this bad for her?I know weed itself makes a person happy etc(I personally do not partake) but is it okay mixed with medications?How about her recovery?We are starting to notice the damage done to her brain and she has traumatic short term memory loss,often confused,still bad balance,and mild depression.I am going to start taking her to the local gym for some excersizes in the pool,and she's eating better and sleeping better then she has in years,but the weed still makes me worriesome.Any thoughts??

I think Liam wrote a very honest and excellent response...but again I am letting you know you should ask mother's neurosurgeon about the pot...BAF does not promote the use of illegal drugs...good luck to you ~ Colleen

Thank you Liam.

I totally agree with you,Mom is doing better and she is ALIVE!!!!

hi Melody! After all we've been thru I try to do everything in my power to recover, smoking anything I stay away from and I definitely wontt start, I found this interesting and googled -I found this-apparently it changes blood flow in the small vessalshttp://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050211084701.htm hope this helps but I would research more and ask dr- he might know of a study~~

Melodie, ...

so much is addressed already by the others...and, clearly from Liam...

In the 1920's (?) alcohol was stopped...came back for acceptable public usage...yes, some people consume too much... similar to those w/high levels of prescriptions...

Mid-1930s. the feds passed the law banning the weed...that had been used medicinally for centuries... past year or so, several states have legalized it...

1974: law passed prohibiting ads of tobacco... law yet retained...

1991: law passed to allow pharma ads... count them daily on tv...and in magazines, etc.

However, more research suggests there are only two countries that allow med ads...

A lot of meds are not OK w/other meds...each has its cautions, contraindications and warnings...

which some of those restrict natural normal foods...like grapefruit juice and broccoli and whatever else.

Several years ago, a long-term friend (since childhood) told me he could not eat broccoli. I learned tht he was on warfarin (Coumadin) ... I asked him if the doc had suggested he quadruple his broccoli and walk the dog an extra mile before prescribing...Yes, we still talk / visit...

As for your mom and exercise...the pool may be grand...

Decades ago, off to snow shoeing, I dumbly stepped out of the car and slipped on the ice... ouch... right on to snowshoeing... hours later to lunch... then, trying to stand up...almost impossible...pain was horrendous... Home to my chiropractic care...basic x-ray...alignment...and referral to a pool for exercise...continued chiro for half a dozen times...a/w/a the daily pool exercise...perfectly healed... no meds of any kind...

I have no expertise...just my experiences w/the marketed minimally invasive coiling...

Separately another time, I will note encephalomalacia and its impact on the lobes ...well, again, at least my experiences ...

Prayers you ask her doc for all the cautions / suggestions...and, if she is on any prescriptive drugs, compare the cautions, contraindications and warnings....which may provide added questions to your mother's doc...

Please update us on her/your successes...they are so rewarding...

Pat

Hi Melodie,

If your mom is feeling better, she's feeling better! And that is fantastic.

Peace,

Janet