Brain Aneurysm Support Community

Miracle Story

I am 23 years old and I had a ruptured brain aneurysm at the age of 20. It was unknown why it happened, but it did. But luckily I was a miracle case! I wanted to share my story to give possible hope to some. The doctors went in to do a coiling right away, but my brain was too swollen and they could not get it, so they waited until the next morning. The next morning they prepared to go in, and they saw that the bleeding had stopped. The doctors were stunned. It went from them telling my family “prepare for the worst” to “She will be ok, the bleeding has stopped” I was blessed to not have surgery. I still get headaches daily – and some doctors say I should go in to get coiled just in case it happens again, but I chose not to. I hope this story inspires some, miracles do happen!

Again Welcome Rebecca...~

I think all of us Survivors (coiled, clipped, etc.,) consider ourselves a miracle...

Glad you are here to give such postive inspiration...~ Colleen

Amen to that! I believe consider you to be the same!

Hi Rebecca, you are a miracle story and you do inspire me.

God Bless

Nikki xx

I have to agree with Collend and all of us survivors consider ourselves miracles. Welcome to BAF! We are glad to have you here..Take care..Roxanne

Rebecca,

I'm glad to hear about your miracle. To have one at such a young age is very rare, surviving it without surgery is definitely a miracle.

I don't know if it is out of line or not but can I just say that I hope you reconsider and have it coiled. The odds of surviving a bleeding aneurysm are much too low to just wait - especially after it bled once already. I'm not a doctor and I don't know what they say, but I know that I would want my loved one to do anything that would help prevent what my wife and I are going through today - as are many others here and, even worse, many others who are not here because t hey or their loved ones didn't make it.

Your family needs you. Read the stories of those who get coils done before a bleed. They're much less traumatic than after or during a bleed. Do it now. I know I don't know you or your life or why you might wait but that is my advice and my prayer for you.