Living Nightmare

The ICU Nurse is truhful to what she observe, I can say that being observant and dedicated to her work makes you feel that nicole’s in good hands whenenever your not around don’t you think?
And with what she said about recovery. I can’t tell, I’m only human. but it was alway’s Trusting My Faith to OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST as my saviour.

whose given me a second chance to correct all my faults.I think the mission is to spread the world with his love,compassion and faith.

the truth here is I never backout in times of sorrow, But I do pray for guidance.

I think many lost their Faith from God, if we think of this “what or who will you turn to when in times of trouble”. If Doctors were not around to heal.

when your lock in a crowded room no body’s there for you,In the desert no food nor shelter? And all of a sudden pause and pray for things that might help you go through this.

I can tell you all of this because I AM ALIVE !, I MAYBE A LIVING TRUTH ON THIS i know i’m not the only one, I’VE BEEN TO HELL OF STORMS DURING RECOVERY FROM ANEURYSM AND EVEN NOW present time, many don’t believe me whenever someone would ask about my ordeal, they just look at me as an ordinary person who has stiff arm and legs both on the right body part, because my case were really unbelievable as they are telling us They thought I was crazy to tell every details while I was in a state of COMA, Some said that was because of the meds that I take, but what can I say…“when you encoutered near death then you’ll know the truth”

For some who encountered MIRACLE FROM GOD they don’t spread out this encounter, because no one would believe them. Even Mine was questionable by some. All I can say is God is Good,God is EveryWhere and TRUST IN HIM.

by the way i finished the novena for nicole I’ve attach it so you could continue the prayer with me now.

LOVE LOTS

Maes

2 Likes

Thank you so much for telling me about your mom, I too wonder if her trache will ever come out, if her stomach feed tube will ever come out so she can eat again. I agree wholeheartedly about what you said about the medical world. Out of all the nurses and doctors that I had met only one told me something optimistic about Nicole and that was the day she asked her to open her mouth and she did, then she asked her a question and Nicole nodded her head slowly but it was a nod. This was the only time. Some of the cleaning staff were more optimistic and I preferred to talk to them because they told me positive things and this made my visits happier with Nicole. When you’re told she will never come out of this and then you go by the bedside with this in your head you do not feel very good and also it’s not good for the patients. Probably if the medical world would be a little more positive more people would be alive today. Of course there are times when people die we all die but my Nicole has been fighting this for over 5 months, and I think God is keeping her alive because deep inside of me I believe that she will eventually come out of her vegetative state.

For example yesterday her son and I were at her bedside, my grandson was asking her to do things, I was making jokes and telling her about funny things that happened in the passed, I suddenly started laughing out loud, I continued laughing for nothing really? Then Nicole seemed to be smiling, I’m telling you she had a smile and I asked my grandson what he thought of her face and he said she’s smiling. So there you see she probably was laughing at me because I always made her laugh in normal times, we laughed so loud we both cried at times. She also opened her mouth and moved her eyebrows for us. So don’t tell me that is nothing, every month there is a little something new, it is very difficult for us her family to await such times but I know I will never give up. Thank you very much for caring, it makes me stronger and more determined than ever.

Did your mom have trouble breathing and had to be on the ventilator on and off for months? I’m glad things are going well for your mom, and thank you very much for your comments and encouragement.
Diane

Thank you Maes, well said, I will copy your prayer and send it to my cousin who has stage 3 breast cancer and is in pain right now. You always say the nicest things, I do believe that you probably did cross over and came back to be able to be so strong in your faith, you give me hope and faith that my Nicole is in Good Hands. I love the picture of the blessed virgin and child behind the prayer, thank you!

Keep it up, Diane! Those little responses from Nicole are not little–we understand that–we experienced that with my wife six years ago. Actually, they are exciting! She is worth caring for and loving back to a fuller expression of life.

1 Like

When Nicole wakes up, you will have to show her this topic thread. This will be Reply #165 and it just keeps growing! You have a lot of people praying and sending healing energy your way!

1 Like

Hello Diane,

Your words "Then Nicole seemed to be smiling, I’m telling you she had a smile and I asked my grandson what he thought of her face and he said she’s smiling. So there you see she probably was laughing at me because I always made her laugh in normal times, we laughed so loud we both cried at times. " brought tears to my eyes as my mum and I also used to laugh so hard that we cried at times and yes she would be the one making me the laugh. I think mothers are like that and you are an amazing one, I can say for sure being a daughter. I miss laughing with my mum every single minute of the day but I’m sure we will soon reach that stage and so will you with Nicole.
As far as the medical world goes my family and I have just ignored anybody and everybody who would be pessimistic for our own sanity. Like your grandson I just never met the doctors as it would drive me nuts, had left that job to my father and husband. My family and I decided to be there one hundred percent for my mum and whenever I got or get emotional I step out cry and sometimes I hug her and cry. It does get very overwhelming, frustrating and gut wrenching at times but all I would say is have faith and hope because I feel that’s all that’s kept me going all these months and I’m sure that she will get better, slowly but surely.
My mum did have breathing problems up until 4 months of her recovery as she had multiple drug resistant infections and ventilator associated pneumonia. She was on the strongest antibiotic possible and doctors had given her 5% chance of survival but she fought for her life and I guess in a way we did too. Slowly she was weaned off ventilator and then supplemental oxygen and now recently her trache is out. She is doing much better and when I look back we really have come a long way. The recovery is painfully slow but when I see her do things as simple just move a toe on command I jump with joy. So yeah, little things do matter a LOT and must be celebrated, and I’m sure you are doing everything you can to make it easier for her. And yeah, one thing my mum really likes is when we massage her feet and arms. She feels relaxed and tends move more and more.

2 Likes

Yes Lee, this thread is a remarkable diary of Diane and Nicole’s journey together along this tortuous path, with its dark moments, as well as its sunny optimistic times. It’s also a snapshot of the many people lining the path, giving mother and daughter support and prayers over these months. It is a precious testament to the never-ending motherly love of a remarkable woman, and I hope that when this nightmare ends, Diane will treasure this thread.

Seenie

2 Likes

Thanks, I found it exciting too. Her son and I will never give up, she needs us right now. I am so glad I joined this great group, it keeps me going in my darkest hours. I cannot express enough how much you are all helping me, more than my own family even. Xxxx

1 Like

Thank you Dgr
Im happy to hear that your mom is recovering. It is so heartbreaking and painful to watch a loved one go through this terrible ordeal. I hope my daughter will have her trach removed soon but they all said it was her brain that was causing her to not breathe on her own but then they put her on the ventilator then off of it for hours until she can do it herself. I firmly believe that she is trying to communicate with me once again she opened up her mouth and stuck out her tongue at me when I asked her to, the only thing is that she does not obey right away she takes 5 or 10 min to do it. To me this will change with time. I just hope she keeps it up.

She has a little radio but I think I will bring her a laptop with dvds so she can watch movies, I think this will at least stimulate her mind a bit when im not there. The nurse said they would change the dvds. There is no wifi in this hospital. If anybody has suggestions that will keep her mind busy when alone let me know.

I will update when I can. Thank you for caring.

You might try audiobooks and guided imagery cds. It worked for me when I was bedridden after my rupture. Lee

1 Like

Thank You, will look those up.

Hello Diane,

How is everything going? Have there been anymore updates on Nicole? I hope all is well and we are all still thinking of you and praying :heart:

1 Like

Hi RMA21, thanks for asking, Nicole is off the ventilator still and breathing on her own but she has lots of mucus and is needing suctioning and that is why they are not putting her on a ward just yet. She is still in ICU until her lungs clear up I guess. They don’t tell you much except that she is stable, she’s resting, she looks comfortable and all that is good but I want to see her go uphill, the doctor told me she is the same as when she came in but when she came in she was on the ventilator?

I got her a little dvd player so she can watch movies and music videos when I’m not there, the nurse said they will change it for her of course. I think it may stimulate her a bit, must be boring for her and that’s why she sleeps so much. I’m still very worried of course, especially when doctors tell you she will stay this way forever, not very fun to hear. I don’t believe them anymore I just wait and pray that she will be okay and come home one day.

Thanks for caring!

1 Like

Hey Diane,
It may not be boredom that makes Nicole sleep. The body sleeps to recharge and it was said to me the body’s best recovery occurs whilst we sleep. If Nicole can sleep, that’s a good thing, it indicates that her pain is under some sort of control. Post neurosurgery my pain level was off the scale and although I wanted/needed sleep, my pain prevented me from getting any decent sleep. I could get an hour but it was a doze and not a true REM sleep.
The medicos need to be prepared for a worst case scenario and anything less is a bonus. I have lost count of the number of people who have been told “This is as good as it gets” only for the individual to recover beyond their expectations, but in saying that if they told you that there would be a 100% recovery then Nicole only had a 50% that could be even more soul destroying. To be honest the brain is such a delicate and intricate part of the body, the dr’s cannot give ANY 100% guarantee. For this reason, as I say, they give a worst case scenario and anything less is a bonus.

It can be very frustrating with the lack of info family are provided with. Often they have a theory that the less family are told the less stress they are under, when in fact that couldn’t be further from reality. But if they are keeping her in ICU, she is in the best place possible and getting the best care they can provide.

Now, as I have said to you previously, also look after yourself through all of this. I completely understand your level of concern BUT through this whole process you MUST also take care of YOU. Please take some time for yourself. If you burn yourself out now, when Nicole does come home you will be so exhausted you may not have the ability to assist her, so please do take care of yourself as well.

Merl from Moderator Support

1 Like

I think someone mentioned it before, but, have any of you seen the HBO documentary COMA? It’s a tough watch but it provides many different perspectives on coma patients and the various stages they go through. It might be a nice perspective as you try to keep a handle on your loved ones.

azurelle

PS Seenie here. If you are interested in this documentary and some commentaries on it, googling “coma documentary” will give you a fair amount of information, and some ways of accessing it.

Haven’t seen it but will look out for it. Thank you very much for the tip.

Dianelap

Thanks for the info, just last night my grandson panicked because he told me she slept too much through all his visit of 1 hour, I will give him this information. During the night though her oxygen level went into the 70’s and they had to bring her oxygen level up 100 percent (not sure what they meant) But all was well after and she was fine when we both visited her today, wide awake, looked at me then looked at her son actually turning her head, saw a little smile on her face several time when I made a joke, she did not sleep at all during the visit, she did have to be suctioned once but was fine after. We talked to her, held her hands, hugged her, told her we loved her, told her to hang in there no matter what, told her we would come to see her every day and not to worry to leave the worrying to us, told her all she had to do was get better and leave the rest with us. The other night I was alone with her and I said I had to leave in 10 minutes, she looked at the clock by turning her head and had the saddest look in her face, all this is new stuff for us but the nurses and doctors do not see this even though we tell them? What is the matter with them. She even squeezes our hand just slightly, but it’s there I know it is, I do not imagine things.

So this is about it, things are about the same otherwise, she is still in ICU and that’s because of her needing suctioning, hopefully she will get rid of all this mucus and move on to the other ward where we will be able to sit with her all day if we want to. Thanks for caring guys we will keep updating you, what a long road this is for all concerned and I’m very grateful to have your support. She has her music and her movie dvd’s and I think she likes them. Wish she would talk to me…

Diane, thank you for the update. There are many people here who are keeping you in their thoughts, and I know they appreciate hearing updates, as do I. You are a marvel of motherly love: your persistence and your attention to detail on Nicole’s behalf is admirable.

All the best to you and your whole famlily

Seenie from ModSupport

Hi Serine, perhaps since Nicole is in stable mode perhaps I should write only when something really happens…This could last for a very long time…tell me am I talking too much? YOU GUYS are really good listeners and While Nicole does not know that I write about her it sure helps me a lot…