Itching scalp after anuerysm

Hello all.Aneurysm 2009 with coiling, Stove pipe stent inserted 2010 due to leaking. Codman A/V Shunt. New question. Ever since my brain aneurysm I have had an itchy scalp. It drive me crazy! I have tried all kinds of shampoos and nothing works for more the a few hours! I try not to wash my hair more the 2 times a week as my scalp is also dry as it used to be oilly. I have talked to people and they say it is related to all the cat scans I had. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Can you recommend a shampoo that works. BTW I have also noticed my shunt hurts a certain times! I am going to see if it relate to the weather.

hi susan! im also in the class of 09 with codman. Yes I got the same problem, what helped me was tresomme' with vitamin e its hard to find but make sure it says "new w vitamin e". My dr said head and shoulders and im going to try that next because the tresomme worked great initially then seemed to slowly not work so well. shunt does hurt a little at times and lately been getting pulsating itching like someones tickling brain with a feather. I don't recall any cat scans but I did have x rays pre and post mra.yearly due in Sept-yuck- ty for scan reminder I just called them! I had to have additional coils added a year later and so far so good! have a great day !take care~

Susan...

Do you have other dermatology issues, e.g. psoriasis?

I have had since treatment a decade ago...on various prescriptive shampoos / other creams/gels...never really healed...

Frustrated, I backed off...used my organic lip gloss on a bad spot on my left hand...healed completely in several days...and has not returned...I never really expected it to heal so well...I was just trying to reduce the irritation/stinging...tho a small area...

After that...began milk of magnesia (basic white) on my scalp...my finger tip or Q-tip can get direct to the spot and not streak/make stringy looking hair...Tho someone else said put it on 10-20 minutes and then shampoo it all off... Most scalp has been helped...but one little area...constant...Recently, I began trying basic listerine on that...in AM and PM...As I type to you...I will try the lip gloss that worked so well on my hand...will let you know results...definitely "can't hurt...might help"...

What has your dermatologist prescribed? I had prescription shampoo, creams, gels...and, the areas never really healed/stopped...and are expensive...and all our insurance policies can vary so much...

Best wishes for your success in getting help...I so well know the aggravation of it...

Pat

No I haven't been to the dermatologist. Use dandruff shampoo and shampoo for itchy scalp, doesn't help. Don't dye my hair anymore. Maybe I will try the MOM. Don't know if it will help.

I will try the tressome.

Tres'semme WORKS--Ron mentioned it some time back and i've been using it ever since. That itch could drive you BATTS--Tres'semme is the only thing that has worked and still does.

Janet

awesome! i think if i had money i'd buy stock in it!!!lol

Janet...which one of Tres'emme do you use? I would like to find a shampoo that may be of benefit to dry hair...tho not nearly as aggravating as psoriasis...

Pat

Susan...most all is worth checking / trying...

Janet and Ron gave some good info...I just need their next step of which ones...after looking at the website...

Pat

This is interesting as my wife had the same problem after clipping surgery 17 years ago. The itching lasted quite a while but we never understood why it occurred and wrote it off to the after effects of surgery. When you revisit your Doctor, ask if he/she would check your thyroid levels (T3 & T4) as it is possible the stress of the situation could have overwhelmed an already overstressed system. Thyroid conditions can cause itching scalps and thyroid medication can help resolve it. Good luck!

Ed

Hey Pat,

I found the Moisture Rich with Vitamen E shampoo along with the Moisture Rich Vitamen E conditioner to work the best for me, as my scalp had been itchy and dry and it had been ages since my hair felt fresh and bouncy--so Rons suggestion really was helpful to me , which surprised me as nothing I had tried was working and I figured the Tres'semme would fall into the same category as all the others--(If this were a Tres'semme commmercial...would we get paid royalties?? Lol) And Ronnie, Tres'semme should be paying you dividends for your advice !

Peace, Janet

Janet...thanks much...

I missed Ron's initial sales pitch......must mean you will get a bigger commission???

Thanks much for the info...

Pat

Pat, no problem...

Maybe we should start a Tres'semme Pyramid (scheme)....well, if that doesn't work out, I plan on asking the doctor come August 19th (finally have an appt) regarding the thyroid issues that Ed noted (amongst other things)!

Have a great week,

Janet

haahaaahaa!!!!! yes pat all commissions, incentives and free t shirts etc etc go directly to me regarding tres'somme' lol - i'm not just a customer I am the president of tresemme'lol --I wish! its a great product I used pre sah too!

janet- thanks for your endorsement!! i'll draw up the contract for your royalties!!! lol ps thank you all for your support and remembering me!

Janet...thanks for this info...

I always get confused by and between pyramids and paradigm...

Glad you have an upcoming appointment...

Pat

Ron...

hey, Mr. Pres...how are your annual bonuses?

Janet does well w/her endorsement of your products...

Pat

Hi,

Has anyone experienced the itchiness on the INSIDE of your head - like it's not your scalp, but it's the inside of your head that is itchy because the nerve endings are regrowing? If so, any suggestions and how long did you have it?

hi sarah! I had "tickling" it felt like a feather tickleing my brain 4 yrs post sah coiling

4 years? wow. thanks. nothing helped relieve the sensation?

time has healed it sarah, I haven't felt it in about 2 months, hang in there- things will improve~