Is it safe to skydive?

Hi everyone, I have 3 unruptured cerebral aneurysms on the circle of Willis… At the moment I am just being monitored… An opportunity has come up for me to skydive which is something I’ve always wanted to do… I’ve called my neurosurgeon, my neurologist and my gp, but they’re all on holidays at the moment (Christmas)… I’m trying to find out if it’s safe for me to jump… Has anyone jumped and if so did you get your doc’s ok before doing so? I’ve got to give an answer pretty quick unfortunately otherwise I’d be a lot more organized about this… Hoping someone has a bit of experience or advice about this… Thanks heaps, fingers crossed…

Thanks Jim but not sure how you would know if anyone else has skydived??? I’m not asking for a medical opinion, I’m asking if anyone else has been in the same position and if they had asked their doc’s. Like I said all my docs are on holidays with it being Christmas… I am about 80% decided not to take the risk… Quite frankly Jim, I’m not a fool, and i was simply asking if anyone else had wanted to jump, had asked their doc, and what they had said… the tone of your reply with the arrogant superior attitude annoys me…

Thanks Liam… Sorta decided not to risk it… I flew light aircraft and gliders for years and the jumping out of a perfectly good plane thing was what we always said to jumpers… But for some reason I really can’t explain I’ve always wanted to do it… Looks like I left my run too late… Wish I’d have done it a few years ago before I knew about them… Sometimes ignorance is bliss… Not really… Knowledge is power!!!

Hi Rosie...Good Luck to you...I don't know the answer, but no you should ask your Doctor's...~ Colleen

No worries Jim, thanks for your help

I wanted to ask my docs Colleen but they’re all on holidays… Thought someone on here may have been in a similar position… Thank you…

hello, tghank u for sharing this question. On your side u have had no ruptures, my guess is a dr. would not comment or put his neck out there so to speak on this decision to jump or not

I asked my interventional radiologist about flying. His response, there is nothing in the literature to say if its safe or unsafe, there ya go. Im not a jumper, does it put pressure on the brain at high altitude?