Is it just me

That’s great to hear! Praying for your full recovery.

Sorry, I late answering… As for the balance issues, they felt it was ischemia. Its gone now… But my bp was high the day that happened. My understanding is that any pressure on our brain can cause that too. Are you seeing any improvement? I just had my 6mo check arteriogram… The Dr said it looked fine. I feel blessed. Today at church, im in the choir. Today, my first day back… We are near the organ when we sing. When the organist started playing it was loud & i got an instant headach. I even felt dizzy. Im not sure if I want to stay in… This changes our lives in many ways.

1 Like

Hi Ann!
I had my 6 month angiogram in Jan and all looked good but still have the off balance issues. It mostly happens when I’m too hot or when I’m up and down a lot. Will look into what you mentioned.

MiMi

How did they decide it was ischemia? My dr said oh the aneurysms look good and then kind of said balance issues not his area.

am using R hand due to slow w L HANdHow are you now?

You musta had good doc.Whay is doc’s name?Need assistance

Hi GlendaD:
I went to NY Presbyterian Cornell Hospital. My dr is Dr. Jared Knopman. He was very nice and answered all my questions. Good bed side manner. Everyone there was so nice in taking care of me. Like I said I still have balance issues sometimes but I’m trying to figure that out. Dr. Knopman didn’t think it had anything to do with “Annies” or the fix. I have noticed several other people on this support site have the same issue but as I say I’m still here so I’ll deal with it and hope I find a solution. Hope all goes well with you.

MiMi

Hi Glenda,
im better… Its a daily walk. Keep as active as you can… Even if you have deficits. If you read, get in a book club. Your brain is a muscle that needs activity. Meditation helps. There are several really good apps for it. I fell asleep one night with no headache after a session of meditation on positive thing in my life. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers, so your not in it alone.

I am late to the conversation. I just became a member yesterday.
I am 53 year old female and I had a ruptured aneurysm on 4/17/17 and was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. I don’t feel normal and have constant headaches. The doctor said that this was all normal and could last up to a year or more. I used to be more active but now I get tired so easy. I wish I knew there was an end to all this.

THANS Now I have hair loss

So sorry. Hope u have good meds. I think I will need meds cuz of hair loss

Hi GlendaD;
I’m starting PT this week for the balance issue. Will let you know if it helps. I’m also a cancer survivor and tell everyone to stay positive. Keep on going!

MiMi

yes I do rely on my r hand for typing

Well, hey just joined a week or so ago. It does get better but some days that’s easier to remember than other days. It is a journey!!! 3 weeks today since a double aneurysm pipeline. Except for the headaches… almost everyday does get a little better. Just keep trying to remember that with every serious medical event…the after usually means accepting a “new” you. Easier if you don’t fight it. Doesn’t mean to give up-just modify. Haha so much easier to say than to do. Right

1 Like

I am depresed &afraid. I am thankful to be alive. so weird.

Hi Dave,
I had a ruptured annie about 13 months ahead of you. 7 hours of surgery and coils implanted. I’ve just had my 2nd surgery 6 weeks ago and I can tell you - you are not alone. I have experienced much heightened emotions ,as well as hearing and visual acuteness. I tried Psych too and cannot get appointments. I have found this site to be good. Its not just you. I too am a big motorcyclist and now 55 - you have to keep it together as your loved ones are also scared for life without you. In my experience (and all are similar but different) I have had severe pain, my 2nd surgery seems more successful than the first - no rupture this time but they have stopped the leaks I think. - the pain occurs less now and i svery slowly getting better. You have to accept that there is a new reality for you now and it will slowly get better as the brain heals, but the brain does heal. It’s a long tunnel for us all but there is light and it will get better - give yourself 2 years to be at 80-90%

Thanks for the response. So there is at least 2 of us 2 wheel guys here!!! Brother sending prayers your way for sure. I actually am doing way better. Headaches getting less frequent and sleeping Finally, but using meds that I would rather not be. Im on fb at Dave moto Bishop if you have it. Were also close in age. What part of the country are you in?

Sending Prayers for you…stay strong!!

Hi there! I’m super late at responding but i wanted to let u know that you are not alone. The best part of all of this is knowing you’re not alone, knowing there are survivors you can lean on no matter the distance. I’m in MN, and on 6/20/16 my life changed as well. I had the worst headache of my life, which came out of nowhere. I had surgery to coil and stent 2 medium sized aneurysms. One had a sentinal rupture, which was the cause of the headache. I tried getting back into the swing of things after surgery, but it was easier said than done. The rupture caused issues with speech, memory, i had a hard time walking straight -it was like walking in a fun house. I couldnt straighten my neck, bend over -i felt like a walking disaster. I cried because the noise was too loud at the zoo carnival. It takes time to heal, which I keep getting told by my neurologist. I had panic moments where I visited the e.r. 3x in a month thinking I was going to have another bleed. I passed my one year anniversary angiography w flying colors in June this year, and I feel more at peace now. It’s been a journey, and will be forever in my thoughts that I may get another aneurysm as mine are a genetic factor I was born with. But, i won’t let that hold me down. I wish you Peace this coming season!

Hi,

My 25th anniversary passed on 9/18/17. I am 50 now and was 25 when I had a large ruptured aneurysm deep in my brain behind my right eye which caused a hemorrhage and stroke. No other options existed then but craniotomy and clipping. Kimvf is right in saying that it definitely will get better. I went back to work a few months after, which was a mistake. I also felt that I was in a dream all the time then, had difficulty with facial recognition, and still have memory and concentration problems today. I still get tired very easily and have balance issues, as well as a 50% loss of sight in each eye (left side hemianopsia.) I move and think slower and have gotten used to having a different life. I no longer drive due the vision loss and am on disability. God definitely did want you to live and that means he has things for you to do in this life. Don’t expect to feel the way you did before the aneurysm, and don’t give up, every month will be a little better and there will be a time - not too long - when the worst of it will be a memory and you will feel stronger and more confident. I will pray for you.

1 Like