If I had one wish

Thanks to all those who welcomed me to this awesome website. I finally had time to write and figured out how to post my story. I am still trying to figure out how to reply to comments. Sorry that it is kind of a long story, but I promise that I did shorten it as much as I could.

If I was ever given one wish, it would be that the whole world would be made of aneurysms and their symptoms. Aneurysms awareness especially needs to be addressed in the pediatric world. Even though aneurysms are most often found in adults they are found in children also, something most doctors and parents don’t even consider because it is not the norm. Luckily for my daughter, her doctor knew something had to be wrong and order a CT. Too many times aneurysms are misdiagnosed as migraines and this needs to come to an end because if it is an aneurysm the one thing you don’t have is time. I do believe that more people along with the medical world are more aware of aneurysms it is just not where it needs to be yet. Take care.

Janice...This is so true...I was one of those that was mis~diagnosed...I am hoping that as "Survivors" we are educating others...about that "really bad headache"... Knowledge is Power...but not if the medical staff in ER doesn't start taking these headaches seriously...

Cyber~thoughts your way ~ Colleen