How much medication are you on

My Mother is on the same amount of medication plus more as the day she left the hospital. We have seen primary care Dr, pill Dr, emergancy room Dr and also Dr from Mass General. They seem to send you to the other Dr for more information. So I will put it out there and maybe get some feedback.

Levetiacetum 500mg 2x
Meteprolol 25mg 3x
Trazodone50mg 1 tab
aricept 10 mg 1 tab
lamotrionine 25 mg 3x

any information will be helpful her mood is getting worse be the minute and to me it seems like alot of medication to be on. Also for the people with short term memory problems. What have you done about driving a car? Thank you ,

Levetiracetam (Keppra) is an antiepileptic. 1000 mg a day is not a high dose, you can take up to 3000 mg a day. This medication is keeping your mom’s brain calm. Metoprolol is for your mom’s blood pressure. Trazodone is an antideptessant. Aricept is for dementia. Lamotrigine is also an antiepileptic. You may already know about each of these drugs but if not then I hope this helps. Please remember that these are just classifications of the drug sometimes the Doc will give a drug to treat another issue. Also, after my craniotomy I was taking Keppra and Topamax. If you have any other questions, I will try to answer. Take care.