How many of you feel there are more positives than negatives in your recovery?

I appreciate each one of your responses. Believe me, each one of you is totally correct. This is a long journey that you are on. And it is very rewarding. Sure, there will be times you wonder, and deep down you get very discouraged with your progress because you really cannot observe it. Ones who are close to you also cannot see the progress very well. However, if you ask a friend who does not see you often, they will tell you that you are "coming along well" and they will have specific observations that confirm their positive feelings.

I want each of you to learn how to "pat yourself on the back!" Sure you have cheerleaders. But I want YOU to be your best cheerleader!! And when you get depressed see God and pray for a hug from the creator. It will come if you are a believer in the lover of your personal God. Yes, my dear friends, it is always a better day tomorrow. We are all gifts here, all of us!!

I glad to be here. The Dr. told my dad that if he lives he will be a vegetable that I would never walk or talk I do both. I thanks the Lord that bless me.

Darrell Keith Atchison said:

I glad to be here. The Dr. told my dad that if he lives he will be a vegetable that I would never walk or talk I do both. I thanks the Lord that bless me.

Nope. I've been recovering for 4 years and still suffer badly from anxiety and depression (PTSD) besides various physical issues which I hope will eventually get sorted. My confidence is at an all-time low. I realise it isn't the same for everybody, but you did ask. How long did it take you to feel so positive?

Daniel, I have been recovering for 23 years. It was a rough rode, but my hubby was right there for me thru it all. I had a nine month old daughter wen it happened. Since then, we have gone on to have 2 more wonderful children and my life is happy and complete! Enjoy each day! U r here to love life!!!

Daniel, I have been recovering for 23 years. It was a rough rode, but my hubby was right there for me thru it all. I had a nine month old daughter wen it happened. Since then, we have gone on to have 2 more wonderful children and my life is happy and complete! Enjoy each day! U r here to love life!!!

Sally, it took me a good five years before I started to understand that I was

better. Keep chatting with us. I call it, "Getting the gunk out of your system." You must

keep moaning and groaning, and eventually you will start to see you ARE better.

Sally,

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. When I came home from the hospital after my aneurysm, I was depressed as well. My Interventional Neuroradiologist, who coiled my aneurysm and saved my life, had explained to my husband, and then explained to me when I went back for a visit, that depression is a component of a ruptured aneurysm. He put me on a mild dose of an antidepressant, and after a few weeks, I was better able to cope. Dr. Agris is a brilliant doctor and very kind. I hope you have a good doctor who understands your issues. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that you feel better soon.

I am happy to be back today from the hospital.I am glad that my surgery

has been done, and nothing dramatic has resulted, and I seem to be fine,

except for a huge swollen black eye, I remember the doctor talking to me after

the surgry . I don't remember what he said. I do seem to have a little hearing loss,

which could be temporary from fluid. I have been told that I need physical therapy for

walking. I have much less pain than I anticipated. I feel blessed to have my life and to be free

of the fear of sudden pain and death from the anwurysm of profound dysability.

My rupture and clipping happened last Jan 9th and Feb 20. I did not have much for side effects of either but it took a lot to not worry about every little ache and pain in my head. I finally decided that I had to check it off as something that happened to me and not let it define me. No offense to anyone on here but if I come on here to much I find myself worrying more about different things that I hadn't thought about. I had my check up/angiogram in Dec and everything looked great. My hospital just started a support group for brain aneurysm survivors and their families which I'm very excited about as they didn't have one until I asked about it and said it would be a great thing to have. How awesome its been 22 years for you!!

happy about a few things but currently sad, recovery ceased when pt plateaued me 3 yrs ago. Not sure if I get where you are coming from, "type of person you have become?" have you changed in attitude?

I’m 1.5 years post clipping surgery and have both “I’m so lucky” feelings as well as anxiety.

It’s a mix. I am grateful for friends and family, for getting to be here with my husband and kids, and for being able to go back to work 30 hours a week. But I’m nervous to travel, be alone for long, I don’t know when I’ll ever get on an airplane, I don’t want to ski again for fear of injury, etc.

So my life is a lot “smaller” than it used to be, but that’s fine. I know what the truly important things are.

I wish any hospital around here (in CT) had a brain aneurysm support group but there’s NOTHING. Cancer patients get tons of support (as they should) but there’s almost nothing at all for aneurysm.

Great question! I am 3 1/2 years out from my SAH and just now really feel like ME again. I have always somehow been grateful for the horrible time I went through because it taught me so much about myself and about life. That being said, I'd rather not do it again... :-)

I honestly see it as a learning experience and I prefer the new me!

Has your health improved with time?

Daniel High Five I know exactly what you are feeling I had a SAH Nov 21 2014 spent two weeks in ICU and than off work for two months. I am back at work and everyday someone walks by me and wants a hug. I was on a diet prior to my SAH and I had lost 20 pounds I started that diet Sept 2014 I have now lost a total of 40 lbs and all my friends cannot believe it when they see me. I don't look like someone who almost died I feel like a new person and embrace it everyday of my life. I have great support at work as well as in my personal life. I will NOT allow anything negative in my life nor will I treat anyone bad I treat others the way I want to be treated. Life is Short embrace it today because as we all know it is just a blink of the eye and your life changes.

Thanks Caroline! You are definitely giving yourself a great life. I want you to know you are

a great woman!!

Hi Ronk, you have reached a time when you are feeling the negatives. Let all those negative

words walk past you. Sure, watch them, but them let them go and smile that you made it

through some rough spots. Okay?

Hi Jennifer, Go ahead, start your own group where you live. I am sure you can do it.

You are sounding like a confident person! Congrats lady!

ronk said:

good advice Dan, but could you give me an example of how you are better now than before? ty

I had my rupturned aneurysm on 10.11.12. I was air lifted to Orlando then on to Shands in Gainesville for surgery. Dr HoH, much respected and knowledgeable placed a vp shunt and clipped. My husband was told I probably would not survive surgery and if i did most likely spend rest of my life in nursing home. This news devastated my husband and he had a total break, this did not stop him from caring and working with me and continuing with rehab when i finally got home. Other than pains in head and neck and some memory problems i am doing well. Blessed not lucky! Due to my husbands break condition, he was diagnosed with PTSD and eventually given Paxil, three weeks on that drug and I lost my lover and best friend to suicide in July. One of the terrible things was that our grandson( his pride and joy) found him and tried to revive him. In meantime My mother fell and was in rehab home-eventually passed in October . Trying to recuperate but miss them both terribly. The three of us did everything together. Feel quite overwhelmed most of time. At present going to husbands psychologist for therapy which helps greatly he understands me and was totally shocked over suicide -said he showed no tendencies. Also go to support group for surviving family members of suicide-where everyone can relate to one another Don't know what my future holds-I just feel blessed but also lonely and scared.

89-BenandI.tiff (3.1 MB)