How many aneurysms can one person have?

Hello! I’ve been curious to know how many aneurysms can one have? My first bleed at 39 was quite disturbing as I wasn’t aware that I had an aneurysm. That was 14 years ago. 12 years ago SAH. I had 3 aneurysms at that time. All have been coiled. I now have filling of 2 previously fixed and an additional 2 more as of last month. I’m awaiting craniotomy. My question would be how many can a person get and does it ever end?! I have a family inherited condition.

Thank you
Bridget

Welcome Ms. Bridget! Great question! I’m not sure there is an answer to it though…hopefully one of our other members knows if there is a number. What I have been told is that aneurysm can occur anywhere in the body. My neurosurgeon also told me that for those of us who’ve ruptured, it seems that we can develop more but that’s all I can remember.

Again welcome, and we are glad you joined us!
Moltroub

I believe, the fear of the known and unknown may be the problem. Realistically, No one probably has an answer to my question. I guess I’m trying to weigh my current functioning level with the thought of more surgery with more deficits. I have a special needs child and I know I need more time, 10yrs at least, so it’s disturbing to me. Do you fix the aneurysms with high hopes or continue on and await the inevitable result. If I didn’t have my son, my decisions may be different. My recent angiogram for surgery planning was the hardest one to date. I still don’t feel like myself.

I certainly can understand your dilemma and it sucks. I’ve had 4 procedures for one multi-lobed aneurysm. The last one was finally successful with a neuroform atlas stent, which is a good thing since I had severe anaphylaxis on the last procedure. Doc says no more dye and no more angiograms unless it’s to save my life.

You have the complications of a special needs child thus needing another caregiver for him while you recuperate. Hopefully you have someone you trust with him

All the best,
Moltroub